General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you ever feel guilty for not riding enough?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 07:15 PM
Rogillio
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Do you ever feel guilty for not riding enough?

Another weekend gone with no riding. Worked around the house in the morning then then rains came thru...started grilling and drinking. No riding. Pretty much the same thing on Sunday.....rainy in the morning, grilled and hung out in the pool in the afternoon....no riding.

Riding a group ride next month so that will log a few hundred miles....really looking forward to that.

Ever feel guilty for spending serious coin for a bike and then not riding it as much as you'd like to rode or feel like you should be riding more to justify the cost?

Old 08-29-2016, 07:20 PM
ncdeekay
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Never feel guilty for not riding, a little disappointed sometimes if I haven't ridden in a few days and it hasn't been anyone or any things fault other than my bad planning. I have NEVER ridden to "justify the cost", that's not why I have had motorcycles most of my adult life (at least the sober part of it). I'm retired now so don't have to count days but when I worked I would try to get out during the week, in the evening or early morning so never really had much of a problem. Ride safe on your group ride but try to find some time, even if it's just 30 minutes or so in the week.

Last edited by ncdeekay; 08-29-2016 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:25 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,828 Likes on 17,453 Posts

Guy you break the 1/2 million mile mark on 2 wheels you quit feeling guilty about pretty much everything related to motorcycles trust me.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:27 PM
DinoM
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

Same here... Sometimes family duties and homeownership take the priority. Just makes the ride that much more enjoyable when I do get to ride.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:30 PM
Cobra1
Road Warrior

Received 1,289 Likes on 523 Posts

Nope, my Harley is for fun. I have fun every time I ride it. I'm a whimp. I don't ride when it's too cold or too hot or when there's a good chance for rain. Gotta be thruthful, but as my tag line says, I never get to ride as much as I need.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:33 PM
shredder22
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All the time, I do the same thing that you mentioned....work around the house. It seems to also get more difficult as I get older to find people I know that still ride. I mostly have ridden solo and never have been involved with groups or organizations so my biking friends are limited. It's still very enjoyable when I do get out and ride and it keeps that fire lit inside to want to continue....

Old 08-29-2016, 07:58 PM
Cozz
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,831 Likes on 1,845 Posts
Default Nope

I might , if I had a ton of money invested, but I don't. I ride when I feel like it. Can't stand riding in this heat. It's just not very enjoyable to me. Looking forward to fall riding. It stays pretty decent around here up to Christmas. October November is the best. We all have our ups and downs during the year.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:09 PM
Glyder54
Banned
Received 541 Likes on 377 Posts

Don't feel guilty...just crappie through the winter when it's out in the garage sitting and it's payment time..lol

Old 08-29-2016, 08:14 PM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Yes. Not about money. Especially when riding home, and watching bikes go by, and I rushed out the door in the morning.

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Guy you break the 1/2 million mile mark on 2 wheels you quit feeling guilty about pretty much everything related to motorcycles trust me.
Does a herion addict, say no thanks, I got high yesterday?

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 06-11-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:17 PM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I don't feel guilty, disappointed maybe though. I rarely ride during the work week. It seems my job runs my life, I'd love to ride more but it's hard to find the time.

Quick Reply: Do you ever feel guilty for not riding enough?