General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Capitol Harley Davidson Lansing, MI

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 11:17 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,790 Likes on 18,560 Posts
Old 09-10-2016, 11:31 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

See,there is such a thing as a stealership after all.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (09-10-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 03:41 AM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

Uncle Larry, are you going to post a list of the parts you have for sale? I need a dingle hanger for my '49.

Uncle Larry (09-11-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 04:25 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Makes a relevant point. We often hear tales of Dealers screwing customers, but how often do we hear of customers and others screwing Dealers, or trying to ? This goes on all the time in business and these days, somewhat sadly, most resent rather than admire success borne of individuals investing long hours and life savings in an enterprise and making it work. Sympathy, in particular, accrues to criminals and loosers, not the wronged.

Its not easy to succeed and thieves, including customers, employees, and the government, are everywhere. Those who have actually run their own business, know these experiences well and those who haven't, would be shocked at the extent of it if they knew. From well before you open a new business's doors to years after you sell and move on, your guard is up because the hits keep coming.

The outcome for the Dealer, in this case, may well be that he can kiss his $280 grand goodby, the transfer of his business, (his retirement), is obviously dead, and revealed irregularities could now include compromises that could put the business in serious jeopardy or require years more hard work just to save it, if it can be saved.

Sympathy ?

Last edited by HKMark23; 09-11-2016 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:50 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Embezzlement. A cowardly crime. Hope he gets what he has coming to him. And his lawyer should quit lying too.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:24 AM
deadbroke
Tourer
Received 123 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
Embezzlement. A cowardly crime. Hope he gets what he has coming to him. And his lawyer should quit lying too.
He's a lawyer,it's what they do.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:35 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

So what kind of bike does he ride? LOL

Old 09-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,790 Likes on 18,560 Posts

The funny ( ironic ) part of this is I used to do a lot of Dave Bell's car repairs ( Capitol HD's owner ) when he was living in Brighton and had just took over the shop in Lansing. Dave is a really nice guy.

Years ago ( maybe 25 ) I was headed up north ( with several guys ) and had a problem with my Shovel. I'd rebuilt the rear master and buttoned everything up and FORGOT to Fold over the cotter pin. Coming to an intersection and applying the brake all that was there was the pedal, the linkage was gone. :>( I managed to make it to a bar ( where else? ). It was just about 6:00 on a Friday evening and I used the yellow pages ( flashback ) to get Capitols number hoping someone would answer. They did. I asked for parts and was told that they'd gone home. Recognizing the voice I asked "Is this Dave?" Yep. I told him who I was and asked if he could help. Of course, was his reply. After waiting for him to look up the parts ( he had them all in stock ) I asked of he could hide them somewhere outside ( I'd send one of the others back to get them ... about 50 miles ) and I'd get a check to him. He responded " I'll do better than that I'll deliver them to you. I've got a guy here who's headed that way. About an hour later a guy walks in and asks "Who's Larry"? I immediately ordered him a cold beer! Yep, it was a different world back then and I wish that "Scotty" could beam me back there some days.

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Larry:
LoneWoolf (09-12-2016), Ron750 (09-12-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 12:58 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

He's the stealer at the dealership. And no, I don't mean "stealer-ship".

Uncle Larry (09-11-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 10:29 AM
Napper
Cruiser
Received 117 Likes on 19 Posts

I wish there were more stories like this. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
The funny ( ironic ) part of this is I used to do a lot of Dave Bell's car repairs ( Capitol HD's owner ) when he was living in Brighton and had just took over the shop in Lansing. Dave is a really nice guy.

Years ago ( maybe 25 ) I was headed up north ( with several guys ) and had a problem with my Shovel. I'd rebuilt the rear master and buttoned everything up and FORGOT to Fold over the cotter pin. Coming to an intersection and applying the brake all that was there was the pedal, the linkage was gone. :>( I managed to make it to a bar ( where else? ). It was just about 6:00 on a Friday evening and I used the yellow pages ( flashback ) to get Capitols number hoping someone would answer. They did. I asked for parts and was told that they'd gone home. Recognizing the voice I asked "Is this Dave?" Yep. I told him who I was and asked if he could help. Of course, was his reply. After waiting for him to look up the parts ( he had them all in stock ) I asked of he could hide them somewhere outside ( I'd send one of the others back to get them ... about 50 miles ) and I'd get a check to him. He responded " I'll do better than that I'll deliver them to you. I've got a guy here who's headed that way. About an hour later a guy walks in and asks "Who's Larry"? I immediately ordered him a cold beer! Yep, it was a different world back then and I wish that "Scotty" could beam me back there some days.

Quick Reply: Capitol Harley Davidson Lansing, MI