General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grip Ace electrical

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 06:21 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Grip Ace electrical

Anyone running a Grip Ace? Since day one, when I for instance hit a blinker button, sometimes it needs a double tap. When I switched to a Daymaker it got worse. It seems to me that it is a resistance issue, so I want to add a resistor in line on a headlight wire. Just wondering what value I would use or how to confirm value other than testing out a bunch of resistors.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:12 PM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Anyone running a Grip Ace? Since day one, when I for instance hit a blinker button, sometimes it needs a double tap. When I switched to a Daymaker it got worse. It seems to me that it is a resistance issue, so I want to add a resistor in line on a headlight wire. Just wondering what value I would use or how to confirm value other than testing out a bunch of resistors.
old thread, but...

if since day 1,you should have contacted Tim at GripAve. He's help you out.
I have a Daymaker as well with no issues in 06 Night Train.

My Gripace came with a fuse or something of the sort if needed. Never used it personally.

BUT; I do have issues with my pad or module at the moment. Either the 2 start buttoms take a long time or don't even function at all. Right blinker sometimes activates the hi/lo beam....which is the very left button on the grip. Something is off.

Need to send the module in for testing according to Tim @ Gripace.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:33 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jcallesano
old thread, but...

if since day 1,you should have contacted Tim at GripAve. He's help you out.
I have a Daymaker as well with no issues in 06 Night Train.

My Gripace came with a fuse or something of the sort if needed. Never used it personally.

BUT; I do have issues with my pad or module at the moment. Either the 2 start buttoms take a long time or don't even function at all. Right blinker sometimes activates the hi/lo beam....which is the very left button on the grip. Something is off.

Need to send the module in for testing according to Tim @ Gripace.

still subscribed. Lol. Mine does that also. I'm convinced it's a resistance issue. I put stock bulb back in and it's a lot better with signal lights but not perfect. That says a lot. I'm gonna get a resistor thrown in as soon as I have some time. I am not tearing put the module. It's buried under the tank. Maybe this winter but we will see. I emailed them with the signal light issue last year and never got a reply.