General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Harley Owner w/engine question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 09:13 PM
ncarbonia
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Harley Owner w/engine question

Hey guys, I recently bought my first Harley and I cant believe I ever rode anything else. I bought a 2009 Rocker C with only 9000 miles on it. It is in mint condition with no problems or visible flaws. It has lots of custom extras including the Heartland Rear fender and seat kit. It also has a Vance and Hines Street Sweepers and a screaming eagle street performance tuner on it with a big breather on it. I am considering putting a 103 or a 110 engine on it but don't know if there is any room or fit problems. Does anyone have any advice for me?
Respectfully
Nick Carbonia

Old 11-03-2016, 10:27 PM
BadDogBiker
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sure the most savvy of people could make it work, but my question to you is why? The engine is hardly broken in yet and you want to swap it? If you got that kinda dough just get a 2017 M8.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:55 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,147 Likes on 6,211 Posts

You don't need to swap out the engine if you want increased displacement.

Have a look at some of the kits from S & S

Old 11-04-2016, 06:16 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 752 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by ncarbonia
Hey guys, I recently bought my first Harley and I cant believe I ever rode anything else.

I bought a 2009 Rocker C with only 9000 miles on it.
It is in mint condition with no problems or visible flaws.

It has lots of custom extras including the Heartland Rear fender and seat kit.
It also has a Vance and Hines Street Sweepers and a screaming eagle street performance tuner on it with a big breather on it.

I am considering putting a 103 or a 110 engine on it but don't know if there is any room or fit problems.
Does anyone have any advice for me?

Respectfully
Nick Carbonia

First off; welcome to the forum.

**Edited**

After reading "Dribble's" response I realized that my comment was exactly the type of comment that I hate and that is one that doesn't answer the question but rather one that renders an opinion.

Sorry I can't help you with fitment.

Also just a suggestion; if you want more responses spread your question/comment out so as to make it easier to read.
Running all your sentences together makes it difficult to read and a lot of forum members will just move on rather than decipher your comment.

I spaced your comment out in the above quote as an example.
Again welcome to the forum.

Ride Safe!!!!

Last edited by Bluraven; 11-04-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:42 AM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

In answer to your question. If you decide to do that there are no fitment problems. it's the same engine with a different bore and stroke.

The following users liked this post:
LagunaGlide (11-04-2016)
Old 11-04-2016, 03:00 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,297 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Taking your engine up to 103 or 110 you can have some cams installed to get what you are looking for. Keep in mind HD just got burned by the EPA concerning some of their tuners. Good luck on your project.

Old 11-05-2016, 12:56 AM
acman308
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes you can.
I'm assuming your not going to do it yourself just the way i took your post?

The harley shop is not the place to have it done IMO especially after this epa thing....... you will get better performance for your money elsewhere most likely.

Either find the best independent shop local to you. Do a lot of research before making a decision.

Call someone like Hillside cycle and discuss what you want and send to them for the work. I've read enough good things about them along with meeting a guy in Austin who said they did his motor who let me take his scoot for a spin. I know if i was going to get a serious build done thats who i'd use.

If your going to spend that kind of geetus go 110 i'm no motor expert but i've ridden both and the 110 is noticeably better IMO you don't need a dyno to know.

Old 11-05-2016, 01:06 AM
23Seven
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,438 Likes on 656 Posts

A 110 for sure but a 113 will hit the gas tank...

Sorry

Old 11-05-2016, 02:09 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by 23Seven
..... but a 113 will hit the gas tank...
........ not if ya torque the bolts to spec

Old 11-05-2016, 06:21 AM
jurgie
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ncarbonia
Hey guys, I recently bought my first Harley and I cant believe I ever rode anything else. I bought a 2009 Rocker C with only 9000 miles on it. It is in mint condition with no problems or visible flaws. It has lots of custom extras including the Heartland Rear fender and seat kit. It also has a Vance and Hines Street Sweepers and a screaming eagle street performance tuner on it with a big breather on it. I am considering putting a 103 or a 110 engine on it but don't know if there is any room or fit problems. Does anyone have any advice for me?
Respectfully
Nick Carbonia
Instead of putting motor in. Do a 107 Have your heads set up for the cams you want. Depends on your riding style lots of choices of cams.Also you will get more bang for your buck....Go to the engine forum on this site and you will find some good info and some guys that will guide you and also sell you whay you need.You also have to find a good person to do the tunning that can make or break a build also, I do know of one in wis.

Quick Reply: New Harley Owner w/engine question