General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pak rack bag. Which one do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 08:13 AM
RWTDCT
Road Captain
Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Tour pak rack bag. Which one do you have?

My old bike I had a Saddlemen sissy bar bag. Now I have 14 Ultra limited (Rushmore Project) with a tour pak rack. I have been looking to see what's out there, there is a lot of choices. I was looking a the T bag Dekker II (2.6 cu. ft.) but not sure it will fit on my rack. It stated it will fit on the Premium Tour Pak rack not on the standard Tour Pak Rack. (Maybe some one can tell me which rack came on the 2014 Ultra limited) My next ride will be approximately 12 days so, I need a bag that will accommodate my wife and myself.

So to give me an idea and some choices, What are You using?

Any bags with wheels?

Old 11-23-2016, 09:22 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts
The following users liked this post:
baka1969 (11-24-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,778 Likes on 18,556 Posts

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
Larger doesn't necessarily equate to better. Don't forget that there is a weight limit/recommendation. Too much can effect handling and can break/crack the lid.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:37 AM
Pothole914
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,682 Likes on 1,469 Posts

I have been looking also. I've pretty much decided to go with the Harley Preimum Collapsible bag. At $100.00 it is pretty good and has a built in rain cover.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:39 AM
rjheff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pothole914
I have been looking also. I've pretty much decided to go with the Harley Preimum Collapsible bag. At $100.00 it is pretty good and has a built in rain cover.

I bought this bag this year. I really like it and the rain cover works well.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:46 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Larger doesn't necessarily equate to better. Don't forget that there is a weight limit/recommendation. Too much can effect handling and can break/crack the lid.
Very true! But consider that the typical dry bag is probably lighter in weight compared to a motorcycle specific piece of luggage. It's also waterproof without having to bother installing a rain liner. By bigger, I mean it's malleable to various shapes, where many specific pieces of motorcycle luggage have hard sides.

Never open your tour-pak without first removing any luggage you may have on the tour-pak rack. That will prevent any damage to the tour-pak or the tour-pak hinges.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:48 AM
threedeuce5
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I used my old Nelson-Rigg expandable tail bag from my sportbike days. That bag was awesome and versatile. Unfortunately, like everything, they don't make it anymore. Switched to a TourMaster rack bag and it works well.

Advice is, no matter what you go with make sure to pack it light. When on a tourpak rack the weight is multiplied and raises the center of gravity on a 900lb bike. Wife and I pack quick grab stuff in it and treat it like an overnight bag. Toiletries, sunscreen, change of clothes, etc.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:50 AM
DanRC
Road Master
Received 187 Likes on 73 Posts

I have a Dekker II that I use on my 15 CVO with a airwing rack. It does not fit exactly inside the rack but straps down ok. My wife and I used ir for a trip around Lake Superior and had plenty of room. A buddy has a 16 Limited and uses the same bag, I believe the Limited came with the Premium Luggage rack.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:52 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,778 Likes on 18,556 Posts

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
Very true! But consider that the typical dry bag is probably lighter in weight compared to a motorcycle specific piece of luggage. It's also waterproof without having to bother installing a rain liner. By bigger, I mean it's malleable to various shapes, where many specific pieces of motorcycle luggage have hard sides.

Never open your tour-pak without first removing any luggage you may have on the tour-pak rack. That will prevent any damage to the tour-pak or the tour-pak hinges.
Never open your tour-pak without first removing any luggage you may have on the tour-pak rack. Uh Yep !!

Old 11-23-2016, 09:59 AM
RWTDCT
Road Captain
Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks for the post. Keep them coming.

If you have pics. post them to.

Quick Reply: Tour pak rack bag. Which one do you have?