General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video Camera

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 03:10 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Video Camera

Hey Guys,

Looking for a video camera and mounts for the wife for her street glide.
What are you guys running? The only brand I really see is GoPro and they are pricey, however I don't want junk that will die in a year or less.

There also seems to be a ton of mounting kits online but how much of that is rally useful for mounting on a bike?

Thanks for any help!

Torch

Old 11-27-2016, 03:39 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I really like my GoPro. It has been very dependable and the video quality is pretty incredible. I plan to upgrade to the hero 5 next Spring. The price point seem to be on par with every other good action cam out there

Old 11-27-2016, 03:53 PM
skyflyer
Road Captain
Received 126 Likes on 73 Posts

My son and I have the sena blue tooth intercoms and he has the camera on his. He really likes it and it takes awesome video.

Old 11-27-2016, 04:42 PM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I have been using helmet cams for over 5 years. Using them in both Paintball and on the bikes. I have played with many different cameras and have found that I like the Drift line of cameras the best. The offer a couple of different models that are slightly different and offer different options. I am currently using the Drift Stealth 2 and love the size the ease of use and the rotating lens is one of the best options. The lens will rotate and allow you to set the camera image nice and level no matter how the camera body is off from level. It is easy to care for and they come with a lens cover that is replaceable should something happen to the lens. Nothing against the GoPro line as they are also a great system. Having used many of the current models as well as many outdated ones, I will keep my Drift. Hope that this real world experience will help. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. (No I do not work for Drift, just like the products)

Old 11-27-2016, 04:47 PM
tony357
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been using tachyon for about 5 years for USPSA i mounted it on the brim of a cap and also mounted it on the side of my quad helmet. My boys have been using the gopro on their race boats also mounted one on helmet but they are quite large and the safety committee has voiced some concerns on impact what the camera may do with pulling helmet so that may not be allowed next season. The tachyon is 3/4 by 3/4 by 1-1/4 they have made alot of mounts since i purchased mine.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:00 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Been using the Midland XTC 300 for several years now. It's about the same resolution as the GoPro but it's long and slender rather than short and boxy. It mounts to the side of my helmet.

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 11-27-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:25 PM
red sport.
Tourer
Received 222 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Video Camera

I run a Dash Cam on my Sportster stuck to windshield (Mobius) all the time with a 32GB card in it. in my Car stuck to windshield is a G1W.
have a Cannon power shot on my belt can mount it on the ram mount also a GO PRO HERO. you can search for different mounts for what ever Camera you get.
Pictures is snap shot from Video.

Attached Thumbnails Video Camera-20140913_160227.jpg   Video Camera-snapshot-12.png  
Old 11-27-2016, 08:28 PM
StoneyFatBoy
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

Don't mount to the bike the camera will shake like crazy and the footage is unusable

Old 11-27-2016, 08:38 PM
_Gir_
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by skyflyer
My son and I have the sena blue tooth intercoms and he has the camera on his. He really likes it and it takes awesome video.
I've got the same, love it. The model is the Sena 10C. Gopro has a little better image quality but I preferred the all-in-one feature.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:08 PM
Curt5811
Road Captain
Received 175 Likes on 118 Posts

Mine is a Sony Action Cam. I use a 32GB video card. It comes with a monitor on a wristband and fully waterproof case. It takes great video.

I'm still experimenting with different mounts.

Quick Reply: Video Camera