General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi guys I'm back

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 07:30 AM
2015 Harley Davidson Street Bob Guy's Avatar
2015 Harley Davidson Street Bob Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hi guys I'm back

I've been away for a long time only to return with aweful sad news:

I had a horrible start to 2017 my only son was tragically killed, it has ripped me to shreds - all my dreams and plans i had for my son and his future is now gone for ever.

I'm leaving town for good selling all my personal belongings to get away from here so i could start a new life somewhere far away.

Traded my last 2016 Ducati Panigale on a new MY 2017 Harley Breakout, I want to leave with as less possession as possible - life is meaningless when your only son dies on you

There is no purpose in life anymore, I would like to say good bye and thanks for all the kind help you guys have given me over the years.

So long folks please hug your children and tell them you love them very much and don't let go.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:18 AM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,380 Likes on 808 Posts

Sorry about your son.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-18-2017, 08:20 AM
RWTDCT
Road Captain
Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

First off I am very sorry for your loss.

Second Please do not say this......There is no purpose in life anymore.

Again I am very sorry for your loss. I am one that believes all things happen for a reason. Just hang in there keep your head up, do not give up. As time goes on things will eventually get easer, you will know when its time to move on.

Again I sorry for your loss.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:27 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,352 Likes on 2,200 Posts

Most important, sorry about your son.. No words can express this..

As stated above, there is purpose to life... it really is beneficial to talk to someone..

Lastly - In late September I left NYC with nothing more then my clothes and my guitar. I left my home, my job, my kids (theyre both 18+), my friends - I left everything behind. Life sucked and I needed a change.. Well I'm 1500 miles away and doing ok. IT DOES get better.. Most important for me, I took my bike. The miles heading west on open Texas highway helped me start to heal..

I wish you luck in your journey and peace and comfort in your heart..

Kevin

Old 01-18-2017, 08:52 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

Sixteen years ago from this past December 5th, I was right where you are now. My youngest son was killed in a construction accident at 24 years of age. He was my pride and joy. We could pass for twins. If you held up a photo of me at age 24 you would swear it was him, except he was 6'2" instead of 6'1".

I had a similar attitude, life didn't mean much. It wasn't that I was going to do anything stupid to myself, it was just that I didn't care one way or another. For months I went through the motions of going to work, coming home, then repeating the process. Every day my thoughts were with my boy.

In time I could go a few days without thinking of him. Now, 16 years later I can sometimes go 2 or 3 weeks without dwelling on how much I miss him. I don't know if it is true when they say "time heals everything" or not. I just think that as time passes you learn how to deal with the loss.

Take it one day at a time. Your boy would want you to continue on and be happy. Know that you are not alone, there are probably more of us out here than you realize.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:53 AM
ConfuciusSay
Road Warrior
Received 2,528 Likes on 683 Posts

I wish you peace in your heart. I have experienced some tragic events in my life, but nothing can compare with what you are enduring. Please understand that you are having a normal reaction to an abnormal situation. Parents aren't supposed to bury their kids. Hang in there my friend. I can tell you that as time goes on, we learn to deal with it better. Allow yourself to grieve. And reach out to someone who can help. I'm sending you a PM with my contact info. I survived the attack on the Twin Towers. I have seen all kinds of bad stuff. I know what it is like to feel despair. You can talk with me if you want.

Anthony

Last edited by ConfuciusSay; 01-18-2017 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:05 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

Sorry for your loss. I can only imagine your pain.

Take care, my friend.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:10 AM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 88 Posts

Sorry for your loss. You still have much to offer to someone.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:11 AM
warprints
Road Warrior
Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

So sorry for your loss.
Don't give up on life. Live life in honor of your son, and let others know what he meant to you, and how important it is to love those who are with us now, and who may be gone tomorrow.
I hope you find peace.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:13 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,481 Likes on 1,540 Posts

wow, don't know what to say except i'm sorry for your loss. keep your head up, your son would want it that way.

Quick Reply: Hi guys I'm back