General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's going on at The Powder Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 09:29 PM
are6rider
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What's going on at The Powder Pro?

I spoke with Tim from ThePowderPro right after the new year about PCing my Dyna ignition switch. He said, sure...not problem, 1 week turn around. I sent it out, he had it in 3 days, never heard from him so I called him (had been about a week since he had received the switch) and he said he was done with it and about to ship it out. Well, hadn't heard anything from him and I have tried the last few weeks trying to call his shop but it goes to voicemail and says the mailbox is full. tried emailing from the website but no response to 3 or 4 emails. Been over a month now and no answer. So, that leads me to Joe...his number is still listed on the website, so I called him. He's a nice enough guy but told me he hasn't been with the Powder pro for almost 2 years now and hasn't seen/spoken to Tim at all. i asked Joe..."hey, should I be worried about my stuff?" he said nah, Tim is a stand up guy. I am continuing to try his number but it keeps saying mailbox is full, I've tried his his contact submission form on his site and I've even tried him on IG, but no response. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Would be nice to know if there was some issue that maybe he'd put it on the website or voicemail or something. I would like my ignition switch back. Luckily it wasn't a huge order and I guess I might have to chalk this up as a loss and buy a new one, but it is a little frustrating. Anyway, not bashin the place, as it could be a legitimate bad situation over there (family emergency or what have you), but all I can do is kinda sit here and wait. I guess Joe has been banned here, but not sure why. Part of my research as to what could be going on was to maybe see if the shop had some bad history, but I couldn't find any threads that could give me any idea as to why he had been banned. Probably not my business anyway, just thought it might of had something to do with what could be going on with the shop. Anyway, anybody else having any issues with them? Anybody know what might be going on over there?

Old 02-13-2017, 10:28 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Repost by moderator

Old 02-13-2017, 11:03 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Maybe a forum member in the Chicago area will offer to stop by their shop for you and see what's going on. I'd do it if I were in that area.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:37 AM
gobblerhuntr
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I tried to get some saddle bag hardware and a switch powered last fall but I never got a response from them and just decided not to fool with them.

Hope you get your switch back.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:11 PM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Their rating on BBB is F. I think your switch and money are gone.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:22 AM
are6rider
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gobblerhuntr
I tried to get some saddle bag hardware and a switch powered last fall but I never got a response from them and just decided not to fool with them.

Hope you get your switch back.
Funny thing is, I did the same thing about a year ago. Tried to reach out and get the seitch PCd back then but got no response, so I gave up. For some reason, I tried again right after the new year and when Tim actually answered the phone and spoke, he sounded pretty sincere. I guess I was fooled...I should've listened to my gut...I guess this on is one me...

Old 02-14-2017, 10:25 AM
are6rider
Intermediate

UPDATE: Well, I started calling again today and guess what, either its automatic or he cleared out his voicemail. Although he still isn't answering, at least I can now leave a voicemail. That's progress I guess lol.

Originally Posted by RandyL
Their rating on BBB is F. I think your switch and money are gone.
You're probably right...I didn't do my research beforehand...I'm the fool in this situation I guess.

Learn from my mistakes and let this be a lesson boys n girls lol...

Old 02-15-2017, 01:55 PM
are6rider
Intermediate

UPDATE:

Well, he still hasn't returned any of my many voicemails. However, I did notice that Joe's number has been removed from his website (within the last day or so) as well as another number that was on his order form I was reaching out to (also within the last day).

So I know he (or someone representing the shop) is updating the website.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:14 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Not to pile on, but I had some stuff done by them years ago. First batch turned ok, second one not so much. I too followed the path cause everyone over in the Dyna section use to swing off this cats nuts and I never really knew why. I guess because he posted on he a lot so everyone thought he was the greatest. After my second batch didn't come out how I wanted it to and the other issues I decided to find a place local. I was able to pick it up and drop it off saving the shipping and if I wasn't happy with it it could fixed right then. I guess what I'm trying to get at is try and find a local joint and it may work out better for regardless of what you read on here. There tends to be some sheeping on here from time to time.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:27 PM
Jeffs FRC
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow this is sad to see. Joe is an old HS buddy of mine and it's true he hasn't been involved with Powder Pro for quite some time now. Tim has done a bunch of work for me, and I gotta say it turned out really nice and has held up beautifully. I actually installed Some compressed air piping at Tims new shop last summer in exchange for some work. He's a super nice guy and I really can't see him ripping people off on purpose.

I'll send him a text with a link here and see if he responds.

Quick Reply: What's going on at The Powder Pro?