General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG members who ARE involved with their local chapters

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 07:12 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts
Default HOG members who ARE involved with their local chapters

HOG haters don't chime in please I don't want this to be a HOG fight but for those of you who ride with your local chapters what kind of rides does your chapter do, how often, do you go to monthly meetings, are you an officer, what does the dealership do for your group, what does your HOG group do for the dealership? Do you have a dedicated place to meet, does the dealership attend your meetings, any discounts in store?

No it's not winter in Florida I just got to wondering how things are run differently at other chapters.

Old 02-18-2017, 08:31 AM
indiandave
Road Master
Received 292 Likes on 170 Posts

I'm active in my chapter. Lot of good people there. I do go to meetings. We ride every weekend, weather permitting. A group always goes out to sturgis. The dealer has an annual party for members at his house in the summer. I'm glad I joined.

Old 02-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,746 Likes on 6,893 Posts

My wife and I really enjoy our chapter. It is small with less than 80 members. We have made some wonderful friends and enjoy riding with the group. We did our first of 2017 ride last Sunday afternoon. It was 81 degrees and we rode 110 miles round trip all back country roads to a popular ice cream shop.

I have served as Activities Directors, Safety Officer, Assistant Director and Director. Right now I just enjoy attending and will lead two rides this year. Our officer group is actually in Myrtle Beach right now for HOT.

We have two rides a month planned March through October. We ride a lot in the NC mountains. Several popular restaurant destinations. We have no over night rides at this time planned.

It's all about the ride for us. We keep meetings SHORT and ride to eat and eat to ride!

Our most enjoyable ride is our Nursing Home ride at the end of each year. As long as there is not snow on the ground we ride regardless of temps and carry stuffed dolls, ball caps and personal hygiene products to ever resident of a fairly large nursing home. It is a real blessing to visit each and every room and speak to these folks.

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 02-18-2017 at 09:18 AM.