General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kokomo HD wins award but where are the Harleys?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 12:00 PM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,066 Likes on 756 Posts

I'm pretty sure this picture was taken during a poker run or some other fundraiser. This is my home dealership and I can assure you there are typically plenty of HD bikes in the parking lot, this was probably a photo the newspaper had (they ran the original story) so they used it. I do know a couple of techs there do not ride HD though. They say they can't afford one.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:19 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Maybe write to them and tell them to stop allowing non Harleys on the lot.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:29 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Tortoise98
I'm pretty sure this picture was taken during a poker run or some other fundraiser. This is my home dealership and I can assure you there are typically plenty of HD bikes in the parking lot, this was probably a photo the newspaper had (they ran the original story) so they used it. I do know a couple of techs there do not ride HD though. They say they can't afford one.
You've answered all I need to know about this place! Was in the motorsports business for a year. WORSE job on the planet!! One of the many things I simply could not get passed was the ownership of the dealer was completely and absolutely unwilling to help their employees (financially) get on a bike, 4-wheeler, Sea-Doo, etc. You weren't allowed to take advantage of rebates, parts-accessory discounts, etc. All that was profit for them. You could literally go to any other dealer in the area for a HUGE savings over what the business you worked for and promoted daily would provide. Of course, it would result in immediate termination if an employee did such a 'dishonorable' thing.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:49 PM
04Hali
Road Warrior
Received 243 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by confederate
Let's be honest, it's the Victory front and center that gets the kool-aid drinkers panties in a wad....
Since Victory went **** up he was trading his Victory in on a Harley.

Old 03-04-2017, 05:02 PM
sunderhill
Road Master

Received 203 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer

As far as the metric bikes littering up the parking lot, yes that adds to the uninviting image of the photo for me.
Build a wall and keep 'em out?

Old 03-04-2017, 06:35 PM
Dr.Midnight
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,013 Likes on 7,115 Posts

I live about and hour and half from this dealer, so I have had the pleasure I visiting them. I've never purchased a bike from them, but there is really a friendly and positive vibe when you walk through the door. I could see spending a lot of time and money there if it were more "local" to me.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:35 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer
You've answered all I need to know about this place! Was in the motorsports business for a year. WORSE job on the planet!! One of the many things I simply could not get passed was the ownership of the dealer was completely and absolutely unwilling to help their employees (financially) get on a bike, 4-wheeler, Sea-Doo, etc. You weren't allowed to take advantage of rebates, parts-accessory discounts, etc. All that was profit for them. You could literally go to any other dealer in the area for a HUGE savings over what the business you worked for and promoted daily would provide. Of course, it would result in immediate termination if an employee did such a 'dishonorable' thing.
How about this "employee pricing" I've seen advertised at a few dealers this past week???

Old 03-04-2017, 07:40 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by teal379
Bikes are not countries with territory to be defended.
...... what ? country's defend their territory ? what a concept

Old 03-04-2017, 07:45 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

So no one saw the bikini bike wash girl? Sad.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:14 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by not a sock
How about this "employee pricing" I've seen advertised at a few dealers this past week???
The dealer I worked at would advertise the same thing. We all laughed at the use of advertising because it was actually a much better deal than any of us could ever imagine. It included the "employee discount" (which was complete BS, 10% only) plus rebates, and any other discounts the manufacturer advertised. Great for customers, but employees got 10% off period. No exceptions. Rebates, manufacturer discounts, close-out pricing, etc. was NEVER provided to employees. 10% off PERIOD...NOTHING else. <Yes, I'm yelling...I hated every second I worked for that puke-****-sorry *** POS dealer. Really made me HATE the powersports industry and why I cringe when I read posts like this one!>

Quick Reply: Kokomo HD wins award but where are the Harleys?