General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unfortunate Event

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 05:43 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,582 Likes on 4,612 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigpoppa_Junior
Received some bad New today. Randy was examined by eye doctor because his vision still hasn't come back. Apparently his situation is not correctable and will be permanently blind. Another doc going to check as well but it's pretty cut and dry from what the current doc is seeing.
I'm so sorry to hear this.

PM sent

Last edited by harleycharlie1992; 06-30-2017 at 05:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bigpoppa_Junior (07-14-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 05:43 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

That really sucks. I hope the doctors are wrong on this one.,,,

Old 06-30-2017, 08:27 PM
Dex07FXD
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just seeing this...will also pray for Randy and his family.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:32 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by Dex07FXD
Just seeing this...will also pray for Randy and his family.
+1 Count me on the prayer team for Randy to get his sight back.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:56 AM
Bigpoppa_Junior
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All,
First off a huge thanks and respect to all of you that gave support in any form. A lot going on lately with Randy. He will likely be released from the rehab hospital this month to go home but will be an outpatient for quite some time. Remarkable recovery from where he was when he entered the ICU after his accident. Randy is still primarily wheelchair bound but has been able to walk more and communicate with people. He says he remembers people and things but has been doing lot of repeating words and pulling up memories from many many years ago like it happened yesterday.
It has also been confirmed by another doctor that the damage to his eyes is inoperable and he will be permanently blind. Many people and organizations have been helping to teach us family members how to support randy as well as make his house able to support randy.
As stated before Randy is not just a cousin and is a Brother to me. He always will be a very important person in my life and our family will be there for him. This is definitely overwhelming and tough to accept the huge change and financial devastation this has brought to his wife but Randy will continue to live life and be loved by family.

This will be my last post providing Randy updates but will respond to post or PMs if anyone would like to know the status. I want to stress to everyone to live life and love family and friends to the fullest because time is the only currency of value in our existence so invest every second like it's your last.

Pic - right to left Randy, myself and my other brother.

Semper Fi, God Bless and ride on!

Chad

Last edited by Bigpoppa_Junior; 07-14-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:13 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,582 Likes on 4,612 Posts

Thank you for keeping him in the forefront, on his condition, and his progress. You, sir, have been an inspiration for us, in your positive attitude towards Randy, and as hard as it must have been to report the bad news, you did it all with love and respect. I will continue to pray for Randy, but you as well, because I could always tell, that this relationship between the two of you went way beyond the distant family connection. Let Randy's whole family that we are sending all our love, prayers, and good thoughts to them, and may the Good Lord continue to hold them all close, and remind them, that He has always loved them, and always will. Thank you for your dedication to them as well to us, in keeping us informed. Lord bless.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:23 AM
Bigpoppa_Junior
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by harleycharlie1992
Thank you for keeping him in the forefront, on his condition, and his progress. You, sir, have been an inspiration for us, in your positive attitude towards Randy, and as hard as it must have been to report the bad news, you did it all with love and respect. I will continue to pray for Randy, but you as well, because I could always tell, that this relationship between the two of you went way beyond the distant family connection. Let Randy's whole family that we are sending all our love, prayers, and good thoughts to them, and may the Good Lord continue to hold them all close, and remind them, that He has always loved them, and always will. Thank you for your dedication to them as well to us, in keeping us informed. Lord bless.
Thanks brother for all your support. I am here in jersey for a bit so I am able to actually see him daily. Shoot me a note if your curious on his status and I will be happy to provide an update.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:02 PM
mike in dallas
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

God speed!

Bigpoppa_Junior (07-27-2017)