General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F11 polish and sealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Snoviper
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a friend that just bought some F11, he hasn't used it yet. I will let you know his opinion. I use Protect All, you can buy it at Walmart. It's a polish/wax and works very well .

The following users liked this post:
wldbill (06-02-2018)
Old 05-02-2017, 01:17 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,374 Likes on 2,948 Posts

Originally Posted by Sanjuro
Hmm... That's not been my experience, but then everyone is different. I've had good luck with it.

Maybe I'll try some lemon Pledge. Give it a comparison. Besides, the lemon scent might be nice.

R,
Sanjuro
It'll attract bees...

Old 05-21-2017, 08:36 PM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I got a quick review on a denim bike. The product sucks. It's like wiping and chasing a smear across your paint. Whether it was on my fairing or my bags it was greasy looking. I went for a rip and stopped at a gas station to wait for a buddy and in the sun it looked like there were blotches all over my fender and bags. I used a wet paper towel to clean the funk off. Rode a couple hundred kilometres today and my bike looks like I ran down a gravel road.
Now when I bought my softail, I always used windex but I noticed after a few years my denim black tank was slowly changing colour, still denim but less flat. With my Streetglide I tried the denim cleaner from hd and my opinion is it works the best of all I have tried. Lil pricy but cheaper than this ****. Plus the hd denim cleaner smells like cherries.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:25 AM
soldierbot
POD Squad
Received 90,128 Likes on 23,229 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
It'll attract bees...
That has been my experience too. Still use it but have to be mindful of the bees. I have been using pledge for years, on chrome and paint.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:12 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,459 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by Milty
I got a quick review on a denim bike. The product sucks. It's like wiping and chasing a smear across your paint. Whether it was on my fairing or my bags it was greasy looking. I went for a rip and stopped at a gas station to wait for a buddy and in the sun it looked like there were blotches all over my fender and bags. I used a wet paper towel to clean the funk off. Rode a couple hundred kilometres today and my bike looks like I ran down a gravel road.
Now when I bought my softail, I always used windex but I noticed after a few years my denim black tank was slowly changing colour, still denim but less flat. With my Streetglide I tried the denim cleaner from hd and my opinion is it works the best of all I have tried. Lil pricy but cheaper than this ****. Plus the hd denim cleaner smells like cherries.
You used a "shiny" product on a denim bike? No wonder it looked like ****.

Get a big bucket of hot soapy water and go and wash it all off right now! Properly.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:05 PM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,785 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by touchdown
Anyone use this stuff?
Top Coat Craftsman F11 Polish and sealer

Been seeing it on Facebook looks good but costs $59.00

Yep. Look closely at the ad, that is for only 2 ounces.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:24 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Originally Posted by ChromeJunkie
Yep. Look closely at the ad, that is for only 2 ounces.
For $60 you get a 16 oz. spray bottle, 2 micro-fiber towels, and a 2 oz. travel bottle. I also found a gallon re-fill for $150.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:35 AM
Sanjuro
Road Warrior

Received 1,615 Likes on 749 Posts

Perhaps I have had a good experience with this product because I have continuously used it? Maybe more that one application is needed, and over time. I did note that the first time I used it the paint surface did not seem so slick, but now it seems frictionless.

R,
Sanjuro

Old 05-26-2017, 09:32 PM
dad311
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used it and like it. I'll be buying more. It works as advertised.

Old 05-27-2017, 06:56 AM
touchdown
Supporter

Received 1,658 Likes on 945 Posts

I tried it, it works bike looks good. The real test is when I washed it. not as much water spots. Don't think its worth the price $59.99 , I have used HD glaze $9.95 works just as good.

Quick Reply: F11 polish and sealer