General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F11 polish and sealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 09:58 AM
Mastiff107
Tourer
Received 347 Likes on 148 Posts

I bought it and used it. You only use a very small amount. Don't know what the folks are doing that find it sticky. You have to buff it off. The only thing I got it for is it does not leave residue on the plastic fenders on my Jeep and flat black surfaces on my Ram Rebel. Trying to wax around those was killing me and trying to get wax residue off was a pain. This is wipe on and wipe off and great protection. For paint I'd just use a good wax. They don't say if the product has any UV protection or if soap will wash it off. The ease of application and no residue were the selling points for me.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:32 PM
kempomark
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default On the 59.00 F-11

Check Amazon. Much cheaper and you are not paying for the cool micro-fiber towels. Juss sain.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:39 PM
Mastiff107
Tourer

Could you furnish a link. My searches show Amazon doesn't carry F11.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:37 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,479 Likes on 2,478 Posts

60 bux for polish? NO THANKS.
I'll stick with Eagle 1 Nanowax. Been using it for 10 years & it's the best product I have ever used.
Or, at least until I find out where the hell I can by Zaino.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Silver-Deuce
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have used Zaino for 15 years now. There might be better but I have had no reason to try anything else.

Get it online. It is the only outlet I know of.

https://www.zainostore.com

Old 07-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Mastiff107
Tourer

The beauty of F11 is I can do my whole truck in under 10 minutes. It lasts a good 4 months even in the hot sun. If it's dirty and it rains, the dirt runs right off. It has a very deep gloss shine. I've been doing show cars and bikes for over 20 years. It's not a top show shine but better than any of the auto parts store brands. I have about 6 coats on my truck and 4 other cars and still have half a bottle left. It requires so little that it is very cost competitive with better results.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:57 AM
Stacy73
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a new 2017 FLHTK red. Decided to try the F11, figured I would use it from the start instead of having to get through layers of old wax.
I am very impressed. Great shine, get caught in the rain and it washes most of the dirt off. I have 4 coats on it now. When I ride at night causing bugaside, I just use plain water and a sponge and the bugs come right off.
As far as dust, sure it gets dusty. I’ve been riding since the 1969’s, I’ve used a lot of cleaners, polishers, and waxes, my bikes have always come back home dusty if you miles on your bike it gets dusty. F11 is as good as or better than anything I’ve used and is much quicker and easier to use. As far as cost, it’s about the same as buying separate wash, wax, armor all, and chrome cleaner. Since I have had chrome wheels for the last few bikes, I haven’t needed Mothers.
I’m very happy with the product and plan to continue using it.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:32 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 763 Posts

F11 is not even in the same ballpark as a real coating. 4 months out of a coating??? I have had sealants last longer than that in the florida sun.
Take a look at some detailing forums and see how many guys that do it for a living and guys that detail for their own enjoyment use F11, not many. Its basically a Facebook deal and people buy into it.
Ceramic, Quartz and Polymer coatings last years, not months. In the last 5 years I have coated 40-50 cars, trucks and bikes and not one has come back because of a coating failure.
I coated a lexus with CQuartz UK over 3 years ago for a lady I worked with. She lives at the beach and those conditions are harsh on a vehicle with the salt air, sand, etc. She brought it over a couple weeks ago for me to clean it up inside and out and the coating sheets water like it was just put on.
If you don't want to spend the money or time to install a true coating properly , use a good sealant.

Old 02-10-2018, 05:54 PM
dad311
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had good luck with F11, been using it for 9+ months. My cars have a lot of black plastic trim, F11 makes the plastic look like new. I placed it on the windshield, worked great in a down pour.

On the bikes it works great on the paint, windshield, seat and chrome.
I did try it in the foot controls, and they felt just a tad slick. Bugs not fall off the bike, but with a little water and a micro fiber tag, they come off easily.

I'm going to continue to use it. I like having one product to clean everything quickly.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Loose Nut
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dad311
I've had good luck with F11, been using it for 9+ months. My cars have a lot of black plastic trim, F11 makes the plastic look like new. I placed it on the windshield, worked great in a down pour.

On the bikes it works great on the paint, windshield, seat and chrome.
I did try it in the foot controls, and they felt just a tad slick. Bugs not fall off the bike, but with a little water and a micro fiber tag, they come off easily.

I'm going to continue to use it. I like having one product to clean everything quickly.
Originally Posted by touchdown
Anyone use this stuff?
Top Coat Craftsman F11 Polish and sealer

Been seeing it on Facebook looks good but costs $59.00
After two coats of F11 and I thought it did a good
job. Will be adding more before spring.

The following users liked this post:
Lotsaluck (07-17-2019)

Quick Reply: F11 polish and sealer