General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good or Bad Ebay Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 10:27 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,100 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
"wouldn't allow you to give bad feedback anymore.
"

Since when? Just checked because I had not heard of this and looks like it is still done.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...e&interval=365

The following users liked this post:
FunGramps (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 10:41 AM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaharley
I bought my current evo dyna off of eBay. Still drove an hour to see it before I committed to paying any money. Ended up being a great deal on a great motorcycle.

The first year of owning it the carb quit, ignition failed, speedometer shorted out... Its called buying a used bike. Did you expect a warranty or something? Don't blame eBay for the actions of one eBay user.
Reading and comprehending before commenting is key here. If you read the story, I praised Ebay. It's not about them, it's about looking for input on good or bad experiences with purhases. Aslo FYI, you don't need a warranty on Ebay. They give you a large amount of insurance on the bike as well as shipment refunds. I hope you are extra careful riding your bike. Enjoy the day!

Old 04-28-2017, 10:46 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 615 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by martinj
Really? If the seller had represented their merchandise fairly and honestly in the first place there would have been no settlement needed. In my opinion, theirs was the so-called "dick move".
I agree. The seller misrepresented the bike. The buyer did nothing wrong.

Buying sight unseen has its risks. If I considered such a purchase, I'd ask a local shop to inspect a bike or ask a local HDF member to check it out.

FunGramps (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 10:47 AM
FunGramps
Banned

Originally Posted by Mastiff107
I've bought bikes, hot rods and a sports car over e-bay, all without physically seeing them. Never had any problem. Will keep doing so. Always made sure I felt comfortable with seller. Always got a great deal and always made money at time of sale.
You hit a great point about feeling comfortable with the seller. That's huge. You must know how to read people very well. Glad you found ethical sellers!

Old 04-28-2017, 10:57 AM
FunGramps
Banned

Originally Posted by Labrador
Hey man, sorry that your bike wasn't as described. I've purchased items for my bike from Ebay and have not had a problem. I am sure that as there are good, honest people making a living off of Ebay, there are those who are dishonest.

You also have to keep in mind that opinions are subjective to the person's perspective. If I was purchasing a bike of this vintage and for this price, I would have requested maintenance records and to have the bike taken to a mechanic for inspection before purchasing it.

Glad that you were compensated somewhat so your loss was not as great. Live and learn, right?
Thanks, Labrador. I've bought several bikes through Ebay, always knowing the risks. I've purchased great bikes using them as well. Thanks for sharing your buying tips. Requesting records is a great idea.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:02 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts

you bought a bike and you don't recall what model it is ? don't sound like you kniw alot about motorcycles. at least not enough to be buying one on e-bay. i would never buy a motorcycle or car without seeing in person and spending some time checking it out.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:07 AM
FunGramps
Banned

Originally Posted by perki48
"

Since when? Just checked because I had not heard of this and looks like it is still done.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...e&interval=365
I wondered the same thing. Fake news? Thanks, perki.

perki48 (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 11:11 AM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,347 Likes on 1,552 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
"Since when? Just checked because I had not heard of this and looks like it is still done.
When you try to do negative they will send you through multiple questions and time restraints. Some are reasonable some are not.
If the quality of a product is poor, getting a refund or waiting a week does not change the fact the product is crap and you still don't have on after waiting a week or so.
Just because shipping is free doesn't mean you should have to wait 3 weeks to get something. They should say Pay if you want it this week or Free takes a long time.
99% of mine has been no problem, but when it SUCKs you should be able to say so.

FunGramps (04-28-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 11:16 AM
FunGramps
Banned

Originally Posted by hardheaded
you bought a bike and you don't recall what model it is ? don't sound like you kniw alot about motorcycles. at least not enough to be buying one on e-bay. i would never buy a motorcycle or car without seeing in person and spending some time checking it out.
Oh noW i rememer..it was the KawaSakee 250 F81M. Know, wait...that was my flatTRAck byke. Ooops. Maybee it was a Arrowmacho Sprint. Thanks for jogging my memory, hardheaded.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:26 AM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,347 Likes on 1,552 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
i would never buy a motorcycle or car without seeing in person and spending some time checking it out.

I did. Replace clutch, rebuilt brakes, rebuilt carb, and a few other things.
I went in expecting to do more.
Whether it's a rotten tomato or a diamond, if it's the right price there's really no gamble.
Disclaimer; Read and understand the insurance - buyer protection policy, before laying out big money. Also if you go backdoor to cut them out of fees, don't be surprised when you don't have coverage.

FunGramps (04-28-2017)

Quick Reply: Good or Bad Ebay Experiences?