General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So who else is doing Leesburg this weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 05:40 PM
tpitman
Cruiser
Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by joes bar and grill
wear a dew rag and black leather vest so I know it's you.
A black leather vest was the wrong thing to wear.
Just got back home. Didn't seem as crowded as I expected, but it was Sunday. Hadn't been there on Sunday for a few years. Wasn't as hot as I expected, either, but it wasn't what you could call balmy.
Managed to remain hydrated with a few cool ones. Pretty much sat or walked around bulls#itting with my repulsive sidekick from Gainesville. Ate a couple of hot dogs.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:38 PM
billablehours
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Yesterday was sweltering hot! Saw some folks in full leather, long sleeves etc. I can't imagine how they didn't pass out walking in the crowd. I felt like an MMA fighter making weight. Lost 5# easy to sweat.

Some cool bikes and fun.

Idiot cage drivers on their phones is even scarier when so many bikes are out. We were heading down 441 and had just passed a group of Geezer Wings when some meth head looking woman in an 80s Toyota pulls right in front of us to make a U turn. I swerved around her but was sure that group of Gold Wings couldn't avoid her. From looking in my my mirrors I didn't see anybody go down but it was scary. She should have been arrested. There was no way to make that turn without people having to take emergency action.

On another note there is one thing the wife and I always agree on is that going to Bike Week and Leesburg sure makes you feel good about yourself. Amurica sure can be pretty ugly. Everyone looked like they were having a good time though.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:00 PM
ride cc
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by billablehours
On another note there is one thing the wife and I always agree on is that going to Bike Week and Leesburg sure makes you feel good about yourself. Amurica sure can be pretty ugly. Everyone looked like they were having a good time though.
I said almost the identical thing to my wife when I got home from there saturday.

Old 05-01-2017, 04:40 AM
tpitman
Cruiser
Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by billablehours
Idiot cage drivers on their phones is even scarier when so many bikes are out. We were heading down 441 and had just passed a group of Geezer Wings when some meth head looking woman in an 80s Toyota pulls right in front of us to make a U turn. I swerved around her but was sure that group of Gold Wings couldn't avoid her. From looking in my my mirrors I didn't see anybody go down but it was scary. She should have been arrested. There was no way to make that turn without people having to take emergency action.
I rode up on 441. On that downhill grade before you get to the traffic light shortly before you hit 46 and Renningers there was a minivan stopped in the outside lane talking to a car on the shoulder. I was on the inside. The car next to me kept barrelling along until the last minute when he saw the van in front of him. I throttled back when I realized he probably wasn't gonna make it (should've nailed it to get ahead) and he burned up his tires before coming to a stop just before he hit the van. A-hole in the van sped away. Guy beside me must've gone looking for new tires.