General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any road rage incidents on your bike you regretted?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 08:55 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,899 Likes on 17,470 Posts

Advent of the common cell phone cured my road anger issues, before that was whole different ballgame. Only kind of regret one but the ******* had it coming and then some.

The following users liked this post:
FunGramps (04-29-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,739 Likes on 6,891 Posts

You never know who you are dealing with. It is not worth it at all. There are some crazy people out there that do not have anything to lose and may already be having a bad day before they met you.

Count your blessings you are okay and did not get in an accident and move on down the road as if it never happened.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
2ndtimeridr (05-14-2017), FunGramps (04-30-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 09:54 PM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,165 Likes on 456 Posts

I've had several road rage incidents. One in particular landed me in a heap of trouble which is why I had to stop. Thing that yanks my chain the most is when they look right at you the whole time they follow through with their brain dead manouvers. As mentioned previously you never know who's packing anymore and as far as I'm concerned I'm lucky I haven't been shot yet. It's not worth it. It's better to have one stupid person involved than 2.

The following 3 users liked this post by Newharleylover:
adm (04-30-2017), Cosmic Razorback (04-30-2017), FunGramps (04-30-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 10:27 PM
J_MOSH
Road Warrior
Received 935 Likes on 500 Posts

Two or three times a week I have close calls with absent minded distracted cagers. Its just the way it is. I don't make a big deal out of it most of time. There's only ever been 3-4 times I can remember that I went off on someone, and its been because they really gave me a close call. Like smash the brakes, **** your pants, and see God close call. One and only one of these very few and far between explosions do I look back on and think I should have just rode off like it never happened. I was cruising 45-50 mph up a main country road the next town over from were I grew up. There is a side street that dumps in from what was my right that has a stop sign. This car had stopped and was waiting to go. Now you can clearly see for at least a quarter mile what's coming at you when stopped here. As I'm coming up on this car I can clearly see the head turning back and forth looking both ways, as I get even closer I can see that its a woman and she is looking strait at me, we make eye contact at 150 yards or so and everything seems fine. As I'm closing in more we are still making eye contact and she goes when I'm at maybe 75 yards. There was that split second I'm my mind were in thinking is she really going or just creeping her way out? Nope she's definitely going, and I hit the brakes hard as I could without locking up the rear, but eventually it locks and the *** end swings right and I'm just trying like he'll to not lay it down or hit her broadside. She panicked and stopped blocking the entire lane. Once I stopped I was pretty much parallel to her drivers door and not more than 3 feet from her. Instantly I had two fingers in the air as I'm spewing the most vulgar line of profanity and threats with what I can only assume was a look of impending snarling death for this lady. And then I had a realization. This is a newer light blue Buick, this is an old lady car, this car has 4 women who are easily all over 70 in it. They all had this look of pure terror as they sat there hands in the air recoiling from fear and more than likely disgust from the colorfull language being literally spit at them. And in that moment justified as it may have been, all I could think of was my grandmother in her light blue Buick. I had to double check to see that it wasn't her in there. It wasn't, but for a moment I hung my head in shame and then rode off leaving them just sitting there probably having soiled themselves having been face to face with this 6'4" heavily tattooed bearded freekshow of a man, snarling and foaming at the mouth, but fully intact and safe to ride another day.

The following 2 users liked this post by J_MOSH:
crazytown (05-11-2017), FunGramps (04-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 05:51 AM
sunderhill
Road Master

Received 203 Likes on 90 Posts

Road rage doesn't seem to be my thing.....but my wife is a different story. I have to remind her at times when she is on the back of the bike to not flip off idiots as they may have road rage from getting flipped off and a cage is no match for the bike. Another reason why I don't have a get back whip on the bike as she would probably try to use it!

FunGramps (04-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 06:34 AM
Fridge
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

On a bike, due to the heightened risk of personal harm, I always seem to take other's actions a little more personal than in a car.

I've had more than a few run ins with idiots on the road ranging from crossed words to events that, in the cold light of a court room, could be considered criminal damage or assault. Not proud of these, in fact far from it. Even more ashamed that on some of these occasions my other half has been riding with me too.

I had no right to put her into those situations but at least, as I've grown a little older, I've tempered my behaviour a little.

I usually have the good sense to extract myself from the situation as soon as I can these days. It's never worth it.

FunGramps (04-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 10:58 AM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by J_MOSH
Two or three times a week I have close calls with absent minded distracted cagers. Its just the way it is. I don't make a big deal out of it most of time. There's only ever been 3-4 times I can remember that I went off on someone, and its been because they really gave me a close call. Like smash the brakes, **** your pants, and see God close call. One and only one of these very few and far between explosions do I look back on and think I should have just rode off like it never happened. I was cruising 45-50 mph up a main country road the next town over from were I grew up. There is a side street that dumps in from what was my right that has a stop sign. This car had stopped and was waiting to go. Now you can clearly see for at least a quarter mile what's coming at you when stopped here. As I'm coming up on this car I can clearly see the head turning back and forth looking both ways, as I get even closer I can see that its a woman and she is looking strait at me, we make eye contact at 150 yards or so and everything seems fine. As I'm closing in more we are still making eye contact and she goes when I'm at maybe 75 yards. There was that split second I'm my mind were in thinking is she really going or just creeping her way out? Nope she's definitely going, and I hit the brakes hard as I could without locking up the rear, but eventually it locks and the *** end swings right and I'm just trying like he'll to not lay it down or hit her broadside. She panicked and stopped blocking the entire lane. Once I stopped I was pretty much parallel to her drivers door and not more than 3 feet from her. Instantly I had two fingers in the air as I'm spewing the most vulgar line of profanity and threats with what I can only assume was a look of impending snarling death for this lady. And then I had a realization. This is a newer light blue Buick, this is an old lady car, this car has 4 women who are easily all over 70 in it. They all had this look of pure terror as they sat there hands in the air recoiling from fear and more than likely disgust from the colorfull language being literally spit at them. And in that moment justified as it may have been, all I could think of was my grandmother in her light blue Buick. I had to double check to see that it wasn't her in there. It wasn't, but for a moment I hung my head in shame and then rode off leaving them just sitting there probably having soiled themselves having been face to face with this 6'4" heavily tattooed bearded freekshow of a man, snarling and foaming at the mouth, but fully intact and safe to ride another day.
She probably did soil her grannypants. Bet she was a little more careful after that...or quit driving!

Originally Posted by sunderhill
Road rage doesn't seem to be my thing.....but my wife is a different story. I have to remind her at times when she is on the back of the bike to not flip off idiots as they may have road rage from getting flipped off and a cage is no match for the bike. Another reason why I don't have a get back whip on the bike as she would probably try to use it!
Funny you should mention your wife. Mine always wants me to lay on the horn every time someone does something stupid, and that's in our cage. I keep telling her that it's not worth getting a bullet through the windshield.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-30-2017 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:06 AM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

No to the question. but I need to remind myself just how stupid people are and try and let it go....

FunGramps (04-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 11:12 AM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

A couple of years ago around here, a biker got cut off in traffic by a guy in a pickup. He took evasive action, then got ahead of the guy and pointed to his helmet telling the guy to use his head. The guy then chased him down, ran him over and killed him. After that happened, I made a better effort to try and keep my cool.

FunGramps (04-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 11:53 AM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

I do not get road rage.... never let it bother me....

plus, I always carry just in case...

FunGramps (04-30-2017)

Quick Reply: Any road rage incidents on your bike you regretted?