General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:58 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts
Default Corbin Seats

Greetings,

Toying with the idea of having a Corbin seat made. I currently have a Classic Touring Solo and pillion that I picked up used a couple of years ago, but I find I get a hot spot under my thighs on long rides. I think it is the edge of the seat where my thigh hits it. I've read a couple of reviews on this site that suggest getting a new one since the seat molds to you and if you get a used one, it's already molded to the *** of the previous owner.

For those that have the Corbins, did you have it custom shaped somehow for you? How? Any pointers on ordering a custom seat through Corbin?

Old 05-16-2017, 10:15 AM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

How about taking your seat to an upholsterer ? Most of these guys can 'make to measure' any alteration you need...b.

Old 05-16-2017, 11:12 AM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

save your money, have mean city do a mod.
http://www.meancitycycles.com

Old 05-16-2017, 11:15 AM
NYC.streetkid
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't post that much but I do post when it comes to Corbin because I don't want to see others go through the BS I did with them. Their customer service is the worst. IF you get lucky and the seat fits properly you are lucky. If you have issues, good luck. Mine went back 3 times until they admitted there was a problem with their original mold. This was over a period of months dealing with their apathetic service department.

If you can go to Florida or California and have it fit for your bike while it's there it's a different story. Ordering is hit or miss. I say this as a long time Corbin buyer but I will never buy from them again. They are not the company they once were.

Another Corbin seat on a different bike rubbed a hole in the tank paint.

The following 2 users liked this post by NYC.streetkid:
BikerPepe` (05-16-2017), FNGonaRK (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 11:19 AM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC.streetkid
I don't post that much but I do post when it comes to Corbin because I don't want to see others go through the BS I did with them. Their customer service is the worst. IF you get lucky and the seat fits properly you are lucky. If you have issues, good luck. Mine went back 3 times until they admitted there was a problem with their original mold. This was over a period of months dealing with their apathetic service department.

If you can go to Florida or California and have it fit for your bike while it's there it's a different story. Ordering is hit or miss. I say this as a long time Corbin buyer but I will never buy from them again. They are not the company they once were.

Another Corbin seat on a different bike rubbed a hole in the tank paint.
Yup! I'll never buy another product from Corbin. Between sending me the wrong seat cover and then it not fitting, topped by their arrogance, never again. When I finally got the correct seat I put it up on my garage and that's where it's been since. I won't give them any advertising on the road.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:38 PM
BikerPepe`
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,846 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Hate to say it... but I'm on my 3rd and likely last Corbin seat as well. My bro just sent his in to be re-worked after his backrest mount broke. He had a rough time dealing with getting it repaired and now he's missing out on the beginning of the season, after saving up to pay for something they should have fixed for free, imo. My own seat didn't "form" to my short stature inseam and the seat is instead wearing through the leather where my thighs rub.
Add to that... the things may form fit after 500 miles of use but they're still stiff as hell and while it wasn't as big a deal when I was young and still had an ***, it's getting real old, real quick now that my *** has been ridden off. My lil' lady isn't too pleased with the seat either and that makes the long trips a real drag. Maybe we aren't "big" enough at her 130 lbs. and my 175 lbs. but excuses don't matter when your *** isn't comfy. Damn shame too because I really like the shape of the Gunfighter and Lady and the lower back support is good. I never did like the big, wide backrest they provide either and ended up getting something used and a bit more traditional in shape from a friend that I dig much more.

No idea what I'll go to next... but my days paying for Corbins are over.

Last edited by BikerPepe`; 05-16-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:31 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by BikerPepe`
Add to that... the things may form fit after 500 miles of use but they're still stiff as hell and while it wasn't as big a deal when I was young and still had an ***, it's getting real old, real quick now that my *** has been ridden off.
I bought one early last year. Mail order, with a back rest. No issues with the ordering and it was delivered when promised.

But it was like you say. Stiff. Super stiff. Needs a break in period. OK, I can deal with that. They said up front it needed a 2000 mile break in. OK.

So, I put up with it for several months. After over 4000 miles, it just wasn't getting any better, so I had my stock seat refitted and recovered by a local guy.

The corbin is relegated to a box in the shed. Too bad. It was a pretty seat

Old 05-16-2017, 03:43 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 358 Posts

, topped by their arrogance,
Yup I agree with this. It's too bad really because I feel they make one of the best seats around and they are not to far from me. I don't like to give my money to companies that doesn't give me good customer service.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:09 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

Corbin is a seat you either love or hate. I have a 2 up dual touring on my RG and can find no fault. That said I live 50 mi from the Ormond store and was allowed a test ride before purchase. This is my experience with Corbin. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:43 PM
m16figure8
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Corbin only cares about that stupid electric car of theirs. Saddlemen treated me great, my seat is awesome, and I believe they are a sponsor on here.

Quick Reply: Corbin Seats