General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hope this driver gets jailtime

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 07:53 PM
soldierbot
POD Squad
Received 90,324 Likes on 23,273 Posts
Default I hope this driver gets jailtime

"Authorities are investigating on Friday after a driver was caught on camera blocking bikers from lane splitting, nearly hitting them in the process on the 210 Freeway in Azusa."

http://ktla.com/2017/06/16/azusa-roa...ource=facebook

There is some first class crazy out here in SoCal. It would seem the police have all the evidence they need for a quick arrest. I hope they throw the book at them.

Old 06-18-2017, 08:31 PM
Ceez
Cruiser
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

I thought they already arrested this person. My old lady gets upset with me when we ride 2 up because I'm always gesturing to drivers who have cell phones in their hands and aren't paying attention to the road. Don't know how many times I've been "squeezed" by someone with a cell phone while splitting.

See people like this everyday riding SoCal freeways, I think jealousy has a lot to do with it but I also think lots of people don't know that it' legal to split lanes here in Ca and they are trying to play traffic cop by not allowing you space to get through.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ceez:
tar_snake (06-19-2017), toppy (06-20-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 09:36 PM
YammyDrummer
Road Warrior
Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

Exactly why lane splitting is illegal in all the other states. Try that **** in MO and you'll get ran the fugg over by everyone! Matter of fact I think all the cars would merge together to take out a lane splitter! One car? Pfft.

The following users liked this post:
load97 (06-21-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 10:30 PM
Ceez
Cruiser
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by YammyDrummer
Exactly why lane splitting is illegal in all the other states. Try that **** in MO and you'll get ran the fugg over by everyone! Matter of fact I think all the cars would merge together to take out a lane splitter! One car? Pfft.

One thing I will say about lane splitting that makes me feel better as a rider is the fact that I'm not getting stuck in a vulnerable position in stop and go traffic ready to get rear ended. If you look at the number of accidents of riders getting rear ended and riders in collisions lane splitting the one major statistic that jumps out at you is fatalities. Riders stopping behind another vehicle instead of splitting are far more likely to be involved in a serious injury collision even up to a fatality. The stats of a serious injury accident of riders splitting is far less if riders stay within 15 MPH of less of the flow of traffic.

Common sense also plays a huge role when riding in all aspects of being on the road including splitting. Obviously this can't be taught and like I always tell my friends and family common sense ain't so common.

I don't know what traffic is like is MO but if you've ever ridden on the 405, 91, 101 or anything close to downtown LA you'd be splitting too

Old 06-18-2017, 11:15 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,903 Likes on 17,471 Posts

You'd be surprised at some of the stunts I pulled on 2 wheels living in Mo. and yeah the hicks didn't like it but then I didn't care either, you just out ride them.

The following 4 users liked this post by TwiZted Biker:
0maha (06-19-2017), 103 sedona orange (06-19-2017), sledhead_2002 (06-19-2017), tar_snake (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 12:40 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

If you country boys ever make it to the big city of Los Angeles, the value of Lane Splitting will become obvious to you in less time than it takes you to chug a can of Blatz!

The following 4 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
103 sedona orange (06-19-2017), 620cal (06-19-2017), Ceez (06-19-2017), tar_snake (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 05:00 AM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,189 Likes on 656 Posts

I dont agree with lane splitting but if its legal its legal. I hope that dick gets whats coming to them.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:20 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,335 Likes on 3,273 Posts

Not sure I would split lanes with my current bike but what that cager was doing is just wrong...douche bag...

Old 06-19-2017, 06:45 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,363 Likes on 2,203 Posts

Agreed, this guy should get jail time.. I do have a question.. Where I live lane splitting is illegal so I dont know the law. In Cali, is lane splitting allowed while in motion. I was under the impression it was only while stationary. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:56 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 752 Likes on 460 Posts

I'm not sure what this subject has to do with "General Harley Davidson Chat" but;

I had a friend of mine who grew up in rural South Dakota.
Back in our younger days this guy was the nicest person around and would do anything for anyone.

Then after he left the military he moved to Southern Calif. for employment.
About 3 years later I was in the area and hooked up with him.
Frankly this mild-mannered South Dakota Country Boy had become an a$$-hole.

I asked him jokingly "when did you become an a$$-hole".
His response was "in Southern California you're either an a$$-hole or you get $hit on".

Let's face it with that many people trying to live together I think any of us could easily become an a$$-hole at times.
Perhaps this was the guy in the white car's day to be an a$$-hole.

Last edited by Bluraven; 06-19-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Quick Reply: I hope this driver gets jailtime