General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy pics W/bags on-please, bag info

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 05:10 AM
yooperbigdog
Cruiser
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Fatboy pics W/bags on-please, bag info

Morning All, I bought this 03 Fatboy this year, and really enjoy it, but everytime I ride I really notice that I need Saddlebags, have a swing arm bag and it help's, but not big enough.....
So would ya show me your Fatboy with your bag's on-I'm trying to figure out what way and brand to go with (really like the rounded top style that is shaped like rear fender, Thank's for pics and any info, Also if ya have a good set for sale let me now..

Old 06-22-2017, 05:52 AM
Wowser
Road Warrior
Received 423 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by yooperbigdog
Morning All, I bought this 03 Fatboy this year, and really enjoy it, but everytime I ride I really notice that I need Saddlebags, have a swing arm bag and it help's, but not big enough.....
So would ya show me your Fatboy with your bag's on-I'm trying to figure out what way and brand to go with (really like the rounded top style that is shaped like rear fender, Thank's for pics and any info, Also if ya have a good set for sale let me now..
I don't have pics to post, but I went with Boss Bags when I had my FB. Plenty of space and quick detachable.

Dont know how much you're looking spend but they're pricey.

http://Bossbags.com

Old 06-22-2017, 05:59 AM
yooperbigdog
Cruiser

Thanks wowser, ya Bossbags seem like good quality stuff-but man they are pricey, just was told last night that Leather-pro and Bossbags are real close and they are brother's.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:21 AM
Benito
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I can't be without bags either.

I ordered & purchased saddlebags from my dealer. I told them I would purchase HD bags off the internet, but that I would order/purchase from them if they would match 15-

20% off.

My dealership came through. I ordered/bought saddlebags, a W/S and a W/S bag.

GL,

B

Old 06-22-2017, 06:38 AM
Wowser
Road Warrior
Received 423 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by yooperbigdog
Thanks wowser, ya Bossbags seem like good quality stuff-but man they are pricey, just was told last night that Leather-pro and Bossbags are real close and they are brother's.
I can't speak for Leather-pro, but yes, Boss are great quality bags. If I needed a set again I wouldn't think twice.

There used to be someone on this forum that worked for Boss. That's how I heard about them and got a discount.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:04 AM
yooperbigdog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Benito
I can't be without bags either.

I ordered & purchased saddlebags from my dealer. I told them I would purchase HD bags off the internet, but that I would order/purchase from them if they would match 15-

20% off.

My dealership came through. I ordered/bought saddlebags, a W/S and a W/S bag.

GL,

B
Benito, Thank's those bags are my kinda style, like the clean look (no studs or fringe), are they quick detach ??? and it look's like you didn't have to change blinker's ? could I ask your total cost ?? Thank's again
*** I'am not going to be total HD loyal to the bag's as HD has never made a bag in their life, My main concern is they don't have that dreaded aftermarket cheap look & I really like the rounded top matching rear fender, I'm hoping someone throw's me a offer for some that are LIGHTLY used, Thank's again yours look classy.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:06 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

I chose messenger bags for my bike. I don't need a lot of storage space. These are leatherworks bags.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:51 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,727 Likes on 6,186 Posts

It's not a Softail, but these are on my wife's Dyna. With a little ingenuity, I'm sure they could be adapted to hang off your fender struts. Not cheap either, but it does include the relocation for the turn signals

Name:  0714101749a_zpsaaa7ccc0.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  235.9 KB

Old 06-22-2017, 09:40 AM
byronk
Road Captain
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I've had a few different kinds of bags on my Fatboy. The worst were the leather soft bags with quick disconnect. Pretty much regardless of what quick connect mounts you get they seem to stick out too much and to me look goofy. I liked the Road King classic bags on my bike a lot but hard bags hands down look the best and work the best. Theres a couple companies that sale quick connect for the hard bags that look pretty decent if thats a major concern but after having them on my bike I wouldnt have ever taken them off but did when I sold it a few months ago. Heres some pics........

Old 06-22-2017, 10:00 AM
yooperbigdog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by byronk
I've had a few different kinds of bags on my Fatboy. The worst were the leather soft bags with quick disconnect. Pretty much regardless of what quick connect mounts you get they seem to stick out too much and to me look goofy. I liked the Road King classic bags on my bike a lot but hard bags hands down look the best and work the best. Theres a couple companies that sale quick connect for the hard bags that look pretty decent if thats a major concern but after having them on my bike I wouldnt have ever taken them off but did when I sold it a few months ago. Heres some pics........

byronk thank's great pic's, I agree about not taking them off, except would be nice for cleaning bike to have the quick release, Thank's again
**surprised only HD bags pics so far, there are a lot of lower priced aftermarket bags running around.

Quick Reply: Fatboy pics W/bags on-please, bag info