General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

David Liles Ethanol Fuels (DLEF) - Rip Off

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 03:35 PM
Beercan321
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default David Liles Ethanol Fuels (DLEF) - Rip Off

I’m posting this because I don’t want to see other forum members get ripped off like I was.

A few years ago there was a thread about fuel additives/treatments. Someone stated they used (DLEF) David Liles Ethanol Fuel treatment in their bike during winter storage and they really liked it. Others mentioned they used it too. I ordered a few bottles and used it in my bike as well as in my lawn equipment. A few months ago I placed another order. I paid via PayPal. I never received the product. I’ve tried contacting them numerous times and I never got a response. The phone number on their website goes to someone’s Verizon cell phone and the recorded message states the person isn’t taking calls. I have an email address for the company and when I send a message it gets sent back because the email address is now invalid. It’s been over 30 days so I can’t get my money back from PayPal.

Companies go out of business but this company’s website is still up and running and you can still place orders. It seems they will be more than happy to take your money but don’t expect to receive anything.

Again, the only reason I’m posting this is because other forum members have used this product and I don’t want them to lose money like I did. DO NOT order from them.

http://www.davidliles.com

Old 06-29-2017, 04:14 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

I don't know why you would go with a product that may or may not provide the protection that other more well know products have provided for years and years i.e. Seafoam, Sta-Bil,or Startron to name a few.His claim of boosting the octane by 9.2 points sounds impressive but it's very misleading, the claims of reducing emissions by up to 35% is also suspect.
The moral of the story; Use the proper products in your bike that have had a proven track record of what they claim to do and leave the obscure products for further testing by a qualified third party.

The following 2 users liked this post by OldEnuf2NoBtr:
IzzoQuazzo (06-29-2017), SPRINGER (06-29-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 03:27 PM
RandyL
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

been over 30 days so I can’t get my money back from PayPal
you have 180 days to get your money back from PayPal

Old 06-30-2017, 07:14 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

Just around the corner from me. I'll check them out this weekend.

Old 07-01-2017, 01:21 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,839 Likes on 17,455 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
I don't know why you would go with a product that may or may not provide the protection that other more well know products have provided for years and years i.e. Seafoam, Sta-Bil,or Startron to name a few.His claim of boosting the octane by 9.2 points sounds impressive but it's very misleading, the claims of reducing emissions by up to 35% is also suspect.
The moral of the story; Use the proper products in your bike that have had a proven track record of what they claim to do and leave the obscure products for further testing by a qualified third party.
That's an easy one, people love a gimmick and the newer the better.

The following 2 users liked this post by TwiZted Biker:
hardheaded (07-01-2017), OldEnuf2NoBtr (07-01-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 04:24 PM
southern_papa
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default David Liles Fuel Treatment

David Liles passed away not too long ago from complications of cancer, I don’t know who’s hands the company fell into afterward. Sorry you’re having this experience, he was a great man.

Originally Posted by Beercan321
I’m posting this because I don’t want to see other forum members get ripped off like I was.

A few years ago there was a thread about fuel additives/treatments. Someone stated they used (DLEF) David Liles Ethanol Fuel treatment in their bike during winter storage and they really liked it. Others mentioned they used it too. I ordered a few bottles and used it in my bike as well as in my lawn equipment. A few months ago I placed another order. I paid via PayPal. I never received the product. I’ve tried contacting them numerous times and I never got a response. The phone number on their website goes to someone’s Verizon cell phone and the recorded message states the person isn’t taking calls. I have an email address for the company and when I send a message it gets sent back because the email address is now invalid. It’s been over 30 days so I can’t get my money back from PayPal.

Companies go out of business but this company’s website is still up and running and you can still place orders. It seems they will be more than happy to take your money but don’t expect to receive anything.

Again, the only reason I’m posting this is because other forum members have used this product and I don’t want them to lose money like I did. DO NOT order from them.

http://www.davidliles.com