General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody Still Riding EVO Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 09:13 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I have two a 97 Heritage Springer and a 99 FX Springer. Both are great running bikes and will never be sold or traded until after I'm gone.

But, in no way is the Evo even close to the M8. Sorry.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:20 PM
JesseDyna
Road Warrior
Received 312 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Spideygsm
In no way trying to offend. I'm a newbie. I think XL's look great with tall bars. That's my taste but it's your bike and everyone configures their bike to their taste. Like I said, I'm new and will try and keep my opinion to myself. Apologies

Greg M
Hi, didn't mean to come off as a jerk but that may be common for me. I'm a teddy bear in real life.

Feel free to share. If someone doesn't upset someone's sensibilities here - they aren't trying enough.

My thought process if interested was that there are a lot of Sportsters out there to customize but that was a special series bike and almost certainly will be collectible some day. Owners can do as they please, as they can take a classic Dodge Roadrunner with Hemi and add hydraulics and brahma bull stickers but I wouldn't recommend it. Not that your suggestion was akin to that.

Cheers

Old 07-17-2017, 09:31 PM
Spideygsm
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brntkndll
I'll do ya one better. I've got an 02 Ultra Classic that i use for touring and decent length road trips. But for bar hopping and local riding my 83 Shovelhead is my ride of choice. Half the people riding now don't even know what it is.
That bike is awesome. To be honest, I don't know what it is. I can recognize the different motors, but not models. My 87 is the first Harley I've ever owned which I bought new. Since I'm new here I thought it would be interesting to see who likes to ride the EVO's since those and the Twin Cam bikes are the ones I'm familiar with. I'm still learning about my FLS.

I am a new guy on this Forum. I've used this Forum in the past to search for fixes to issues I've had with bikes. I've never joined another HD Forum before so I'm just learning Forum etiquette. I'm an old fart introverted Engineer who loves motorcycles. I'm not in a club and I'm not a member of any owners group. I ride by myself or with my son. I will try and be respectful to everybody on the Forum and don't mean to put anybody down and I think I came across as a know it all A-hole. That said I love to see pictures of old bikes that people still actually ride or bikes that are a work in progress.

Please keep posting pictures of your bikes. By the way, what model is that??

Greg M

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
Hello! I'm still riding my '94 FLSTN. Nearly 24 years and it's still my daily ride. 211,000 miles on it (122,000 on the current motor).
Uncle G:

That's a lot of miles on any motorcycle. I don't have nearly that many miles. I don't use my bikes as a daily ride because of the weather in Utah plus the riding season is about 1/2 the year.

Greg M

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-18-2017 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:59 PM
brntkndll
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spideygsm
That bike is awesome. To be honest, I don't know what it is. I can recognize the different motors, but not models. My 87 is the first Harley I've ever owned which I bought new. Since I'm new here I thought it would be interesting to see who likes to ride the EVO's since those and the Twin Cam bikes are the ones I'm familiar with. I'm still learning about my FLS.

I am a new guy on this Forum. I've used this Forum in the past to search for fixes to issues I've had with bikes. I've never joined another HD Forum before so I'm just learning Forum etiquette. I'm an old fart introverted Engineer who loves motorcycles. I'm not in a club and I'm not a member of any owners group. I ride by myself or with my son. I will try and be respectful to everybody on the Forum and don't mean to put anybody down and I think I came across as a know it all A-hole. That said I love to see pictures of old bikes that people still actually ride or bikes that are a work in progress.LOL I'm an old fart as well. A proud GREAT grandfather to three beautiful little girls. But I'd have to say I'm not an introvert. Plenty of people probably wish I was!

Please keep posting pictures of your bikes. By the way, what model is that??

Greg M
That bike is my 83 Known as 'The Creamcycle". She started life as an FXE Superglide. I inherited her from my best friend who died of a heart attack at the ripe old age of 42. We had an on going joke that if I died he got my tools and if he died I got the bike. Glad I won that one! lol I've done a complete ground up rebuild on it converting her to a 5 speed transmission,belt primary drive, and a few minor engine modifications. Higher compression pistons and a cam. Also pretty much have turned her into an FLH which is more my style than the FXE. Because it was my friends I will never part with it. When I go it will go to his sister to forward on to one of her family members. Now aren't ya sorry you asked? Lmao. Welcome to the forum my friend and don't ever be afraid to voice your opinion or throw a little smart *** remark at any of us. We're pretty thick skinned.

The following users liked this post:
Spideygsm (07-17-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 10:08 PM
FlamedFXR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,511 Likes on 645 Posts
Old 07-17-2017, 10:43 PM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by rv7garage
I have a 2002 883R Sportster that I'll probably never part with. Love my 2015 SG... but the Lil' Pig just has a certain cool factor

Sweet ride!

Old 07-17-2017, 11:07 PM
ieatchickens
Road Warrior
Received 608 Likes on 309 Posts

Ride my Evo Road King almost everyday during the riding season. But my '96 does have self canceling turn signals and EFI though.

tpitman (07-20-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 11:16 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,083 Likes on 2,600 Posts

I will never sell my Bad Boy. I still love riding it, and I am the original owner. The last time I rode it to a dealer, a bunch of the sales guys were all over it.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:20 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by RedNose44
I will never sell my Bad Boy. I still love riding it, and I am the original owner.
LOL, I guarantee the newbs are Googling "Bad Boy", right now.
Cause you KNOW they have no idea what a bad boy is.

RedNose44 (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 03:06 AM
Tommy C
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 19,634 Likes on 6,667 Posts

I have two '94 FXLR's. I commute on the one with the RT bags 50 mile a day.

Quick Reply: Anybody Still Riding EVO Bikes