General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've Been that guy.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 08:32 PM
fullautomike
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Rust
Dead ends have their advantage. Grew up on one.
You have RT 7! I've taken it up from Kent Falls all the way to VT.
Many bikes on that road!

Yup nice road, took it home from Bennington today. Lot's of bikes out.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:05 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Any bikes, really. In the 70s my cousin had a Kawi Z1-R with an unbaffled 4-1 Kerker pipe - you could hear that thing for miles. As we got older we moved over to Harley's and they but an even bigger smile on our faces.

My wife tells me that my dog runs to the door every time he hears a H-D rumble by. Not for the metrics, just Harley's. He's a good dog.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:24 AM
sunderhill
Road Master

Received 203 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
Any bikes, really. In the 70s my cousin had a Kawi Z1-R with an unbaffled 4-1 Kerker pipe - you could hear that thing for miles. As we got older we moved over to Harley's and they but an even bigger smile on our faces.

My wife tells me that my dog runs to the door every time he hears a H-D rumble by. Not for the metrics, just Harley's. He's a good dog.
That dog is a keeper!

Old 08-14-2017, 05:52 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,997 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Rust
Dead ends have their advantage. Grew up on one.
You have RT 7! I've taken it up from Kent Falls all the way to VT.
Many bikes on that road!

Kent Falls. Wow, that's been long ago and far away. I bet it's been almost 40 years since I've been to Kent Falls. Where does the time go? Thanks for tripping that memory.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:19 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,137 Likes on 5,590 Posts

I thought I was the only one that did that. I will be outside working in the backyard and hear a bike rolling down the street and lots of times I will stop what Im doing, stand and watch it roll by.

I was in my driveway at 5 AM this morning putting my lunch box in the saddlebags when off in the distance I heard a crotch rocket winding out. And I mean winding it out, this guy was probably a mile or two away and I could hear him just holding the throttle open. He must have been really hauling *** too. All I could think about was how many deer there are in my area at this time of the day.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:40 AM
mike in dallas
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

Yep. The wife has gotten pretty good as well. She will holler out sport bike when we hear those as well. There is a few Hondas with loud pipes in our neighbor hood, and she hears those and says not a HD. It's kinda funny how she has gotten good at picking them out

Old 08-14-2017, 07:41 AM
Old Rust
Tourer
Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
Kent Falls. Wow, that's been long ago and far away. I bet it's been almost 40 years since I've been to Kent Falls. Where does the time go? Thanks for tripping that memory.
Yea man. There had to be 25 bikes there a few Sundays ago (many more going by).
Only one wearing a helmet. Reminded me of the old days on the left coast, never wore a helmet.

Originally Posted by fullautomike
Yup nice road, took it home from Bennington today. Lot's of bikes out.
Been to Bennington many many times. It's my starting point for my journeys into Vermont. Quite little town.
Stay at the Knotty Pine motel and go from there. Eat at the Blue Belle diner if I can get in

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-14-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:52 AM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

I live on top of a large hill here, and the bike "noise"carriers far. My wife knows when and which way I come by the sound. However I try to tone it down or not, she can still tell its me.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:46 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,828 Likes on 17,453 Posts

Originally Posted by DanHappy
I live on top of a large hill here, and the bike "noise"carriers far. My wife knows when and which way I come by the sound. However I try to tone it down or not, she can still tell its me.
Yup, mama works from home most days anymore and I do like my magic garage door opener. She always times it so the doors going up as I hit the end of the driveway. Gotta love a good woman.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:38 AM
Yogie
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 156 Posts

When I slip off to work on Saturday mornings it means leaving out just before 6am. With V&H Straight Shots I try to idle to the main street ( up hill ) before shifting gears. Not long ago an older neighbor came in where I was having breakfast and I told him I was sorry for waking him up. He smiled ear to ear and told me he once owned one of those bikes and if I came by at 2am he wanted to hear that thing sound off...

Quick Reply: I've Been that guy.