General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Las Vegas rental

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 01:42 PM
big- mike
Road Warrior
Received 221 Likes on 139 Posts
Default Las Vegas rental

I'm thinking about going to vegas to visit my daughter and I have a day that she will be at work so I looked into renting a bike. I found a place called eagle rider that I can get a dresser for $149.00 for 24 hours has anybody had any experience with these people

Old 08-14-2017, 03:25 PM
chadk
Road Master
Received 119 Likes on 71 Posts

i've considered this both times I went out. the second time I came real close. Eagle Rider is the place and I would say is reputable. I've heard several others who have done business with them.
Good Luck!

Old 08-14-2017, 03:35 PM
big- mike
Road Warrior

I checked and they were less money that the local hd dealer

Old 08-14-2017, 03:41 PM
bkelly1956
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We have rented many times in Vegas. Four from Vegas HD and three from Eagle Rider. Eagle Rider was much less expensive. Vegas HD bikes were brand-new...latest model year. Eagle Rider bikes were on ok condition...some better than others...we rent 4 bikes when we go. Mechanically they have been sound for the most part. Wife's bike this past March just stopped running while underway. Fortunately is was on a lightly traveled road and after sitting for a couple minutes the bike started. It never reoccurred, but such an experience leaves you a bit concerned, wondering if it will happen again. Because of it, I have been contemplating going back to Vegas HD to get the newer, better condition bikes. Those are the facts...won't try to steer you one way or the other...just depends on the individual.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:55 PM
jlb2782
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 113 Posts

My cousin rented from Eagle Rider in Vegas last year. He had no issues and was really rather pleased. He went in March(?) and the rental was cheaper. Around $119 with jacket, helmet and everything for a Street Glide. He said the people were very cool and laid back, and just had them drop off the keys in a drop box. I will look them up when I get out that way.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:34 PM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

I rented from Eagle Rider Vegas in March. Great experience for the most part. Only minus was the bike had definitely been around for while, but no problems mechanically, and the staff appeared Knowledgeable and easy to work with. I would count myself as a "will return customer". Just wish you could specify the model and year of the bike you want.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:39 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,066 Likes on 11,074 Posts

Lot's of heat and crazy traffic in LV, be careful. If you plan to tourist and sightsee, might be better in a cage. Hard to ride safely and look at all the stuff at the same time on the Strip.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:25 PM
big- mike
Road Warrior

Not worried about the strip want to check out the dam and other places outside of the city. I think I'm gonna play it by ear and see what they have when I get there

Old 08-14-2017, 06:26 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 539 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
Lot's of heat and crazy traffic in LV, be careful. If you plan to tourist and sightsee, might be better in a cage. Hard to ride safely and look at all the stuff at the same time on the Strip.
This is all true. I don't think I have ever taken a scooter ride on the Strip. When I want to show someone the strip we usually park, at the Sahara, and 'walk' the Strip. And it is hot right now, so it might be better to 'sight see' at night. It is cooler and a better light show.

Of course if your daughter lives here, she already knows this. If you are renting a scooter there are better places to ride, things to see, then the Strip or other tourist venues anyway.

EDIT: You were entering the previous post as I was entering the first part of this post. If you like curves, hills, etc. go to the lake/dam the back way. Start at the corner of Lake Mead Blvd. and Eastern/Civic Center Ave. in North Las Vegas. At least during the day. At night it is a pitch black ride through open desert. Or you might want to ride up to Mt. Charleston/Lee Canyon, it is much cooler.

Unfortunately the lake/dam and Mt. Charleston/Lee Canyon are in opposite directions.

Last edited by rjg883c; 08-14-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:46 PM
big- mike
Road Warrior

I would hope by Labor Day it would cool off my plan would be to be back in town by dark so a day ride would be the plan so any advice on good roads would be appreciated

Quick Reply: Las Vegas rental