General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, HDFS has ticked me off...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 05:18 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,721 Likes on 6,885 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawk6
Harley Davidson Financial Services went and ticked me off. I went to the website to make my first payment and they charge me $3.00 to make a payment??? WTF, there was no mention of this at the dealer, and I didn't read anything in the 'fine print' stating this.

I know it's only $3.00 but dang...
It's been that way as long as I can remember. The convenience is worth it to me!

I guess you can mail them a check!

Old 08-15-2017, 05:54 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawk6
People still actually write checks... LOL
yes.....

Old 08-15-2017, 06:16 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

Spend 10's of thousands of dollars on a motorcycle and bitch about a $3 fee.....?

Show me a bank/ credit union that will finance a $20k+ recreational vehicle @ .99% for 60 months. I'll save you the time searching cause there aren't any. Just setup the autopay and be done with it. No fees no stamps no mailman NO Problems..... Got news for you old dinosaurs out there it ain't just HD a lot of companies are going this route. Helluva lot cheaper to pay 1 guy to maintain their computers/servers than pay people to open letters and manually process payments. That's why your being charged additional $$$.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:33 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,281 Likes on 2,349 Posts

People still write checks... yes, my checking account hasn't been hacked yet. If that happens then it's on the bank not me.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:44 PM
philly48
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15
Spend 10's of thousands of dollars on a motorcycle and bitch about a $3 fee.....?

Show me a bank/ credit union that will finance a $20k+ recreational vehicle @ .99% for 60 months. I'll save you the time searching cause there aren't any. Just setup the autopay and be done with it. No fees no stamps no mailman NO Problems..... Got news for you old dinosaurs out there it ain't just HD a lot of companies are going this route. Helluva lot cheaper to pay 1 guy to maintain their computers/servers than pay people to open letters and manually process payments. That's why your being charged additional $$$.
Than why don't they charge for mailing a check? Your theory doesn't make sense.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:50 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by philly48
Than why don't they charge for mailing a check? Your theory doesn't make sense.
A theory is something that is assumed or perceived but hasn't yet been prove 2 be fact....... HD may not charge for processing a check yet but there are plenty of other business that charge service fees or offer discounts if you sign up for auto pay for the reason I mentioned above. When you call HD on the phone to make a payment that person on the other line isn't sitting there for free cause they got nothing better to do. That's fact not a theory Einstein

Old 08-15-2017, 07:01 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Just pay in full and cut the banks and scum suckers out of the loop...

Old 08-15-2017, 07:03 PM
philly48
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15
A theory is something that is assumed or perceived but hasn't yet been prove 2 be fact....... HD may not charge for processing a check yet but there are plenty of other business that charge service fees or offer discounts if you sign up for auto pay for the reason I mentioned above. When you call HD on the phone to make a payment that person on the other line isn't sitting there for free cause they got nothing better to do. That's fact not a theory Einstein

Um you said it's cheaper for them to higher an IT guy to run their servers instead of someone to open letters and process physical checks. Your THEORY makes no sense considering they don't have an additional fee for mailing in a physical check.

By your THEORY it would make more sense if they charged for a physical check and didn't for an online one time payment.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:10 PM
brudford
Tourer
Received 117 Likes on 71 Posts

Several years ago after buying my Harley and financing through Harley Motor credit which was a great rate less than 1% . I went online to set-up payments . What I learned , Harley uses a third party contractor to collect their payments . Your payments are not set-up or sent directly to Harley . It may appear that this is all through Harley credit but it is not . That is why you pay the $3.00 fee ! I just buy a stamp and mail a check .

Old 08-15-2017, 07:12 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
People still write checks... yes, my checking account hasn't been hacked yet. If that happens then it's on the bank not me.
Call me old fashioned but I still write checks also. One thing I find interesting is when I hear somebody complaining about an online service fee but are too lazy to write a check and send it by mail that would save them that online fee.

Quick Reply: Ok, HDFS has ticked me off...