General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TW-222 cams installed on my Heritage quick review

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 02:20 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Talking TW-222 cams installed on my Heritage quick review

Long time Fuelmoto supporter here. I have built a 107ci/TW-555 Street Bob 2 yrs ago, very happy with it. Dyno tuned 97hp/108tq no headwork.
I just bought a second Harley 2 months ago which is a Heritage with 6,000miles. This bike is a little heavier so I decided to get a low/mid cam. After doing research I picked TW-222. Installation is a breeze, the only thing I hated is Fuelmoto pushrods. What a b i t c h! Fuelmoto sent me a fuel map along with the extra powervision license I purchased. Took it for a test ride with my passenger last weekend, the torque is amazing! Less lugging motor more power. Basically I don't have to downshift all the time. I don't have Tachometer, I'd say power band 2500-3800 more or less. Riding uphill is the ****, very torquey. 6th gear is usable now, roll the throttle and I feel the power right there. Overall I am happy with this 222 cams. Not for every bike tho. I wouldn't think it is good for my Dyna. It treats my heavy Heritage very well.

The following users liked this post:
rauchman (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Big Mule
Road Master
Received 771 Likes on 381 Posts

Good job. That is something I would like to get done to my bike in the future. I just don't know which ones would be the best for my 2008 Softail Custom 96ci.

If you could post a video of how your bikes sound that would be cool.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:26 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 241 Likes on 106 Posts

I had those in my Ultra, good top end cam with a heavy bike. I ended up going with a Andrew 57, stump pulling Tq. The 222 is a good cam, no doubt.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:57 PM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,090 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by chamokie
I had those in my Ultra, good top end cam with a heavy bike. I ended up going with a Andrew 57, stump pulling Tq. The 222 is a good cam, no doubt.
I'm happy with the 57s in mine.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:21 PM
EricRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 629 Posts

Know what your talking about, did Fuel moto Big Bore and TW777 Cams on my Breakout, They did a great job on the tune!!!!

Old 09-11-2017, 09:38 PM
Glyder54
Banned
Received 541 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by 128auto
Long time Fuelmoto supporter here. I have built a 107ci/TW-555 Street Bob 2 yrs ago, very happy with it. Dyno tuned 97hp/108tq no headwork.
I just bought a second Harley 2 months ago which is a Heritage with 6,000miles. This bike is a little heavier so I decided to get a low/mid cam. After doing research I picked TW-222. Installation is a breeze, the only thing I hated is Fuelmoto pushrods. What a b i t c h! Fuelmoto sent me a fuel map along with the extra powervision license I purchased. Took it for a test ride with my passenger last weekend, the torque is amazing! Less lugging motor more power. Basically I don't have to downshift all the time. I don't have Tachometer, I'd say power band 2500-3800 more or less. Riding uphill is the ****, very torquey. 6th gear is usable now, roll the throttle and I feel the power right there. Overall I am happy with this 222 cams. Not for every bike tho. I wouldn't think it is good for my Dyna. It treats my heavy Heritage very well.

What years the Heritage? Reason I ask is you said you have no tach. On my 12 you push the trip meter and it cycles through the mileage, tank reserve,clock and tach/gear indicator

Old 09-11-2017, 10:03 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 128auto
Yah, "quick install" is a just a bit misleading on those. I think it means you MUST install them quickly before the red LocTite cures. LOL. Those damn things turn a two-hour job into 5. Work pretty nicely, tho, once they're in. Always wondered how durable they'd be with each push rod consisting of all those parts, even with the LocTite. But I've ridden it hard for 6+ years since the install and absolutely no problems whatsoever...

Old 09-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Schex
Supporter
Received 6,816 Likes on 1,760 Posts

The pushrods are good,
using them with the stock tubes and the little holder tool is a pain in the azz,
using loctite is more of a pain when it comes time to adjust them again, don't do it, you'll be sorry.
I never use loctite on any pushrods and never had a problem.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:22 PM
Schex
Supporter
Received 6,816 Likes on 1,760 Posts

These tubes make the job EZ,
Amazon Amazon

Old 09-12-2017, 01:10 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Schex
The pushrods are good,
using them with the stock tubes and the little holder tool is a pain in the azz,
using loctite is more of a pain when it comes time to adjust them again, don't do it, you'll be sorry.
I never use loctite on any pushrods and never had a problem.
Interesting. I would think them jam nuts'd come loose as soon as they start clackin up and down in there, no matter how tight you make 'em. Hmmm...

Originally Posted by Schex
Yeah, if I were ever to do the job again, I would use those. Trying to wrench down the jam nuts thru that narrow opening then, getting those pushrod tubes back in place was a serious PITA! Never cussed so much in my LIFE!

Quick Reply: TW-222 cams installed on my Heritage quick review