General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson sucks d---

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 02:06 PM
slvdout
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
Thank you, at least someone is halfway informed. And FYI, club bikes are 80% FXR's or early Dyna's. This ain't a sportster in case you didn't know

Club bike
this your bike?

Old 09-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Oldskewl
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,906 Likes on 3,285 Posts

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
Wait till the OP finds out that the speedometer or fuel gauge aren't really calibrated. Then the feces will hit the rotary oscillator!
The blinker fluid is probably low, This is the only one I use.. recommended by a guy who knows it all (he rides a sportster).

Originally Posted by slvdout
this your bike?
I wouldn't tell you if it was but the answer is, no.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-13-2017 at 12:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (09-13-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 02:20 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,718 Likes on 3,494 Posts

I thought the Switchback was for girls who outgrew their Sportster's?

tar_snake (09-13-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 02:23 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,244 Likes on 11,135 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
The blinker fluid is probably low, This is the only one I use.. recommended by a guy who knows it all (he rides a sportster).

Is this synthetic???

Old 09-12-2017, 02:28 PM
Mycvo
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So here's an update harley in Milwaukee after all my bitchen is going to replace it . But do we all have to get to that point I think it shouldn't matter what the problem/problems are they can and should stand by their product this is what they tell us the freedom of owning these bikes problem free hum

Old 09-12-2017, 02:40 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,875 Likes on 17,362 Posts

Originally Posted by Mycvo
So here's an update harley in Milwaukee after all my bitchen is going to replace it . But do we all have to get to that point I think it shouldn't matter what the problem/problems are they can and should stand by their product this is what they tell us the freedom of owning these bikes problem free hum

So does this mean instead of thinking they suck d__k you now feel they just rub it against their cheek? We have to know.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:46 PM
halljm
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

look at me everyone I got the really high bars now I'm going to get one of those stupid looking little fairings that make my "va-dyna" look like a rice rocket. then everyone will know how cool I really am. no really I am cool... no really I am...

Attached Thumbnails Harley Davidson sucks d----capture.jpg  
tar_snake (09-13-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 02:57 PM
dDavid
Tourer
Received 104 Likes on 64 Posts

Put that on a tshirt for when people think you're riding a cute motorcycle.

Originally Posted by brudford
Anyone who calls a Sporster a girls bike is just showing their ignorance in regard to Harley Davidsons history . Developed in 1958 to compete with imports such as the British Triumphs, BSA 's ect. . The Sporster has been used as a drag racer, won land speed records and used as a flat track racer, try any of the above on your geezer glide, road couch, old fat man motorcycle . The Sportster is Harley's high performance machine . I have ridden big baggers and many Softails with their low center of gravities and I can tell you even with their bemouth amounts of weight they are easier to handle than a Sporster with it's high center of gravity, if you can handle a Sporster you can ride anything .The Sporster is Harleys longest production bike to date . The Sporster is what has kept Harley in business all these years through the bad economic times . It is only a recent fad that big oversized overpriced geezer glides have taken over Harleys sales . Riders giving in to peer pressure because all their buddies have one . Drinking the cool-aide that the dealers are so happy to provide with their $ 30,000-$40,000 price tags . The Evo engine in the current Sporster line is almost the perfect engine . Take your $40,000 and go buy a nice SUV.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:09 PM
Mycvo
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No they still suck just a really big one maybe a small one

Old 09-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Originally Posted by Mycvo
I agree, but first they have to be able to duplicate your concern. If this is as intermittent as you say, I think you should have volunteered to do some of the leg work for them. Those techs don't get paid to go out and drive your **** around for 2 or 3 hours just hoping it'll act up while they have it.

tar_snake (09-13-2017)

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson sucks d---