General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ahhh, cooler riding is finally here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 08:33 AM
BTLorys
Banned

Received 2,662 Likes on 1,229 Posts

Have you been to Pagosa Springs before? I went somewhat recently with my (at the time) girlfriend from Farmington NM. It was a pretty cool place. we stayed in the resort at the springs for a night. The water smells pretty bad but once you get used to it, its really relaxing.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:38 AM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Wink Take a class...

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
How did you like the course? Did you get more out of the classroom, or range exercises?
Lastly, were you one of my students?
Absolutely loved the Advanced Rider Training {.com}, Advanced Rider Skills course. I just did the 2 days of riding as the 3 hour classroom segment had to be held up in Long Beach on a Friday night. About half of the class did the same.

Our instructors were Ryan and Gus and they were amazing. We had 11 students, two ladies and the ages ran from early 20 something to 65... me. Every time I swing a leg over my Super Glide I utilize skills they taught us. It has made me a much better, safer rider and that just makes having my knees in the breeze all that much more fun.

Advanced Rider Training .com {check them out on line}, is having another advanced rider skills course in October in San Marcos {north San Diego County}, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. If anyone is interested PM me and I think I can get you a nice discount off of the cost of the class.

Anyone who thinks they have nothing learn/gain by taking a class like this is... wrong and it just might save you a$$ some day.

I am currently sitting in my RV on the San Juan River in Pagosa Springs CO having my first cup of coffee. As soon as it warms up a bit, it's 39 right now {0730}, my bride and I are riding up over Wolf Creek Pass for a late breakfast in Creede then back to Pagosa Springs for an afternoon in the hot springs
... Life is good!

Last edited by Capt Steve; 09-19-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:42 AM
warprints
Road Warrior
Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Supposed to be in the 90s for at least the next week, with high humidity. Just delightful weather for riding.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:47 AM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Talking Love Pagosa Springs...

Originally Posted by BTLorys
Have you been to Pagosa Springs before? I went somewhat recently with my (at the time) girlfriend from Farmington NM. It was a pretty cool place. we stayed in the resort at the springs for a night. The water smells pretty bad but once you get used to it, its really relaxing.
Yes we have been up here several times, twice his year. May even look at buying some property while we are here. Came up through Farmington from Gallup, nice area. Looking forward to soaking at the spa later.

Old 09-19-2017, 10:06 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,131 Likes on 762 Posts

Originally Posted by warprints
Supposed to be in the 90s for at least the next week, with high humidity. Just delightful weather for riding.
Same here. Im tired of it. Cant walk outside without sweating my *** off. After 22 years down here you think I would have adapted. Yankee blood is still flowing

Old 09-19-2017, 01:45 PM
'Ol dirty biker
Road Warrior
Received 422 Likes on 276 Posts

We woke up to snow today. Two weeks ago was our hottest day of the year. It's already melted, I'll be back on two wheels tomorrow

http://globalnews.ca/news/3755676/se...ts-of-alberta/

Last edited by 'Ol dirty biker; 09-19-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:53 PM
warprints
Road Warrior
Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Same here. Im tired of it. Cant walk outside without sweating my *** off. After 22 years down here you think I would have adapted. Yankee blood is still flowing
I'm also a displaced Yankee, but from a bit south of Eagles territory (Go Colts .... uh, I mean Ravens). I've been down here since '82 - still haven't adapted.