General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help for Lights in crash bar

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 09:09 AM
Aliaj00
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys,

i got a crash bar for 2010 harley 48 and i am looking to put some aux light on the bars so i am more visible in the front and to project white light on the bike to preferably. Any one has any suggestions?

regards,
Tim

Originally Posted by Aliaj00
Hey guys,

i got a crash bar for 2010 harley 48 and i am looking to put some aux light on the bars so i am more visible in the front and to project white light on the bike to preferably. Any one has any suggestions?

regards,
Tim
well we got some lights and last night mounted them on my brothers bike. The look awesome.

the ilumination is very nice and it makes the front wheel to light up like crazy. Angled them to see a little bit right and left to widen the angles and its amazing. Posted here so others may get an idea of whst me and my brother did. Will post my bike photos later.

well we got some lights and last night mounted them on my brothers bike. The look awesome.

the ilumination is very nice and it makes the front wheel to light up like crazy. Angled them to see a little bit right and left to widen the angles and its amazing. Posted here so others may get an idea of whst me and my brother did. Will post my bike photos later.

Jus have to trim some cables ties from last night

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 11-20-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:39 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

NICE!!! What kind of lights are they and where did you get them from? I picked up a set from DK Customs I believe not long ago. They are to go on my Road Glide but haven't gotten around to the install yet. Pretty lazy so may have my Indy do it. Dread the thoughts of opening the fairing on my new bike and besides, I want to get the cigarette lighter kit for it. Have them both done at once. Did I say I am lazy???

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom - ST (11-21-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 10:43 AM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

Try this:

https://www.clearwaterlights.com/

$$$, but you get what you pay for.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:19 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

I'm gonna try these on my Street Glide;

http://www.ciriususa.com/

Old 11-20-2017, 07:35 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

Cree U5, change the brackets and clamps as you please,, they are a laser "spot" not a flood lamp.;
https://www.google.com/search?q=cree...firefox-b-1-ab

Last edited by JohnMn; 11-20-2017 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:37 AM
Aliaj00
Advanced

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
NICE!!! What kind of lights are they and where did you get them from? I picked up a set from DK Customs I believe not long ago. They are to go on my Road Glide but haven't gotten around to the install yet. Pretty lazy so may have my Indy do it. Dread the thoughts of opening the fairing on my new bike and besides, I want to get the cigarette lighter kit for it. Have them both done at once. Did I say I am lazy???

we got them at jpcycle for around 70 minus tax and shipping. So approx 100$ for one bike. Check their site and look for the 11 or 12$ 3 piece chromed clamps for the 1.25 inch tubes or one for your diameter and 4 1/2 inch head light chromed. Check it up, for wiring we used a cable kit from amazon for off road aux light cable kit. With minor mods it works like a charm if you pay 10$ more you can get the one with remote and nobody will on the side walk would drain your battery dry.

hope it help,
Tim

Old 11-21-2017, 01:43 AM
Aliaj00
Advanced

we got them at jpcycle for around 70 minus tax and shipping. So approx 100$ for one bike. Check their site and look for the 11 or 12$ 3 piece chromed clamps for the 1.25 inch tubes or one for your diameter and 4 1/2 inch head light chromed. Check it up, for wiring we used a cable kit from amazon for off road aux light cable kit. With minor mods it works like a charm if you pay 10$ more you can get the one with remote and nobody will on the side walk would drain your battery dry.

hope it help,
Tim
PS make sure the clamp hole and thr mounting bolt of thr headlight witch was 3/8 inch are the same. Use a piece of cardboard and a plier to squeeze the clamps lips so you dont nick the chrome while putting the retaining nut for the headlight into the clamp. We put the grounding cable from the cable kit to the nut on one of the headlight to have a small resistance to the negative equals to more light.

Tim,

Old 11-21-2017, 01:52 AM
Aliaj00
Advanced

PS make sure the clamp hole and thr mounting bolt of thr headlight witch was 3/8 inch are the same. Use a piece of cardboard and a plier to squeeze the clamps lips so you dont nick the chrome while putting the retaining nut for the headlight into the clamp. We put the grounding cable from the cable kit to the nut on one of the headlight to have a small resistance to the negative equals to more light.

Tim,

For the mounts i dont have the package any more

Old 11-21-2017, 02:03 AM
Aliaj00
Advanced

For the mounts i dont have the package any more
cable kit i used.

Turbo SII Off Road LED Light Bar Wireless Remote Wiring Harness Kit 12V 40 Amp Relay Flash Control Box Strobe(1Lead) for Driving Fog Light Work Light Arctic Cat Wildcat Can Am Polaris RZR S 900 1000

guys this is what i used in our bikes, if anyone get damaged/hurt or what ever adverse consequences i take no responsibility what so ever this is for pure information only.

reminder start the bike with the extra lights off or it will might not start without turning them off. Then turn them on.

Tim

Old 11-21-2017, 11:29 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Our Stealth LED Driving-Passing lights provide great lighting.

Here's a pic showing how bright these lights alone are:

They can be mounted on the frame, engine guard, or forks.

Kevin (The K in "DK") has used these alone as headlights on his Sporty:

You can see one is pointed a little lower for the low bean and the other a little higher for the high beam.

Cristy

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Quick Reply: Need help for Lights in crash bar