General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fingerless Glove Fan!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 08:12 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Never understood the "why" of fingerless gloves. I get the better dexterity argument, but Icon Pursuit gloves and even a couple of HD gloves still give pretty good finger movement. I'm a guitar player and the thought of finger damage gives me the heebies.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:48 AM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,380 Posts

The only reason I wear gloves for riding in the summer is for crash protection. My lightest gloves have nylon mesh vents on the top with padded knuckles & palms, and gauntlets which are usually folded down. I can fuel my bike without removing my light and mid-weight gloves. Mangled and ground-down fingers seldom heal properly.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:09 AM
JustMike
Tourer

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Does it count if I use a pair of fingerless gloves as shooting gloves?

Originally Posted by 15 Street Glider
Bad weather for riding today, so I thought I would invite some abuse...

I confess I usually wear and like fingerless gloves.. had them as a kid with my 10 speed and have worn them for years on a bike.. The padded palms are more comfortable on the grips IMHO and the fingerless feature makes it easier to operate the touch screen, hand controls and helmet strap.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:16 AM
pjdude
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rauchman
Never understood the "why" of fingerless gloves. I get the better dexterity argument, but Icon Pursuit gloves and even a couple of HD gloves still give pretty good finger movement. I'm a guitar player and the thought of finger damage gives me the heebies.
I'm a guitar player also. I like the fingerless gloves mainly because I tend to suffer more damage to my palms and knuckles when I've wrecked in the past. Plus, I like having the fingers uncovered while riding.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:32 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

I wear them for convenience.

Easy to pic my nose, easy to get my wallet and debit card at a drive through or drive up ATM, easy to get a bit of stink finger on the fly when a female passenger gets a little more vibration than she can ignore.

Old 10-23-2017, 09:58 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Originally Posted by 15 Street Glider
Bad weather for riding today, so I thought I would invite some abuse...

I confess I usually wear and like fingerless gloves.. had them as a kid with my 10 speed and have worn them for years on a bike.. The padded palms are more comfortable on the grips IMHO and the fingerless feature makes it easier to operate the touch screen, hand controls and helmet strap.
https://www.amazon.com/Agloves-Original-Touchscreen-Gloves-Texting/dp/B005GXMM5W https://www.amazon.com/Agloves-Original-Touchscreen-Gloves-Texting/dp/B005GXMM5W

Old 10-23-2017, 10:11 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

I had a pair years ago because I thought I looked bad in them. Then I grew up. I only wear full fingered gloves now - summer and winter. I have no problems with the touch screen, controls or levers. I have quick disconnect helmet straps so that's not a problem for gloves.

I got hit with hail once on the finger with gloves on - hurt like hell - can't imagine what it would have felt like with fingerless gloves. Not good I'm sure.

Until you loose a finger, you don't know what you're missing. Keep those digits protected.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:35 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

I wear fingerless quite a bit. I don't give a crap what anyone else thinks. They're very comfortable by adding some padding for my palms without having to wear a full glove, which doesn't make sense when it's hot. Also, instead of my usual long underwear, I wore my chaps the other day, when it was below 50 degrees and I only needed to ride a dozen miles or so.

I don't diss on do-rags or patched-up vests with gut extenders or shorts and sandals or flame and skull collections or Converse clown shoes or... wait... I guess I am dissing.

Winter is approaching... I'm ready to lead the keyboard commandos.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tony P:
Dozer40 (10-23-2017), Nokkon Wud (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 11:41 AM
Tomahawk309
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 72 Posts

Not fingerless but they have the touchscreen finger. I like them a lot good ventilation for our steamy GA summers.
https://www.revzilla.com/product/joe...eclipse-gloves

Old 10-23-2017, 01:01 PM
Honey-Badger
Extreme HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by judgedelta
I always make sure that I've got the fingerless gloves on before I put "Born To Be Wild" on repeat on my Iphone.

Quick Reply: Fingerless Glove Fan!