General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you being harassed by other people because of Loud Noise your Harley makes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 05:52 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Maybe take a little advice from Raylan.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:24 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfcitydude
Wow, a real badass!
What would you do? Drip surfboard wax on them? Then rub them down with a soft cake.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:07 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

I like cheese

Old 11-21-2017, 10:33 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Super Glidester
Now that ya mention it, whenever you are having too much fun, someone always complains. Been that way as far back as I can remember.
Yah know...... That's so freakin' TRUE.
I work in a fairly large office. And for the past couple of month's this adorable young female attorney would, every day a three o'clock, walk around with candy and just randomly give out little Halloween type treats to co-workers. Nothing big, just a little bite sized twix or milky way kinda thing. And I sheet you not, some azzhat..... Instead of telling HER no thank you, went to the project managers and filed a complaint against her. I only even foond this out when a few days after she stopped giving out candy, I asked her. I just figured she ran out of leftover Halloween stuff. And she was like no. I was ordered to stop cause someone complained. Jeez.... WTF.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:36 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Yah know...... That's so freakin' TRUE.
I work in a fairly large office. And for the past couple of month's this adorable young female attorney would, every day a three o'clock, walk around with candy and just randomly give out little Halloween type treats to co-workers. Nothing big, just a little bite sized twix or milky way kinda thing. And I sheet you not, some azzhat..... Instead of telling HER no thank you, went to the project managers and filed a complaint against her. I only even foond this out when a few days after she stopped giving out candy, I asked her. I just figured she ran out of leftover Halloween stuff. And she was like no. I was ordered to stop cause someone complained. Jeez.... WTF.
Maybe someone figured they were being set up for a sexual harassment claim, because...you know, lawyers and ****.

The following 2 users liked this post by Redoilokie:
bikerlaw (11-24-2017), TwiZted Biker (11-25-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 02:56 AM
Bart van der Meulen
Road Master
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

I thought it was one hell of an export product of the US? What? The slogan 'loud pipes save lifes'..Indeed, in the dense traffic in extremely dense populated the Netherlands loud pipes will indeed save lifes. Because morons on 4 wheels are busy with their iPhone or other crap, making Whatsapps, working at their agenda. Everything but giving attention to motorbikes. The pipes of my former Heritage and now my Ultra awake the death in their graves. Although there is legislation about sound levels of exhausts of vehicles, motorbikes are hardly checked on that by the police. Because they know that loud pipes tribute a lot to the safety of bikers, awakening the zombies on 4 wheels

Old 11-25-2017, 12:37 PM
test monkey
6th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 4 Posts

If a small group of guys come towards me wielding a bat, the pistol gets drawn. As far as being loud, I love it, my son loves it and I couldn't care less what others think of it. My son even says it sounds like a demo derby in the garage when its warming up.....WIN!

Old 11-25-2017, 12:50 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,911 Likes on 17,472 Posts

Originally Posted by test monkey
If a small group of guys come towards me wielding a bat, the pistol gets drawn. As far as being loud, I love it, my son loves it and I couldn't care less what others think of it. My son even says it sounds like a demo derby in the garage when its warming up.....WIN!
Why go all macho when it's far easier to twist the f**king throttle and leave the issue in the rearview mirror ?

Anyone on a motorcycle who couldn't avoid that kinda stupid deserves the **** coming at them.

Old 11-25-2017, 12:54 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by babaharley
I have experienced constant harassment by drunk old neighbour...who is so ridiculously annoying, comes drunk in the middle of the street and started yelling

It was a big problem....so now I have to drive pass his house with almost no gas....

Another problem was a ****ing Albanian coffee shop owner...where I drove pass once per week!!! and he came out with 2 other people and started harassing me.....one of the guys had a baseball bat.....

Is this normal.....tell me your stories...and what to do here.....beat them up or what?
buy the drunk a 12 pack, and stop for coffee at the coffee shop. Bring your own bat. Joking about the bat by the way.

Last edited by cdonis; 11-25-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:01 PM
test monkey
6th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Why go all macho when it's far easier to twist the f**king throttle and leave the issue in the rearview mirror ?

Anyone on a motorcycle who couldn't avoid that kinda stupid deserves the **** coming at them.
So if three guys are blocking a road and coming at you with a bat, you're going to twist of the throttle and chance them swinging a bat at you while riding by? Have you ever been hit with a bat? Non the less, hit with one while you're moving on a bike? I'm not saying there aren't other options. But the scenario I had in my head is a worst case one. So it's not a "macho" move as you'd call it. It's self defense.

Quick Reply: Are you being harassed by other people because of Loud Noise your Harley makes?