General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you being harassed by other people because of Loud Noise your Harley makes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 04:45 AM
babaharley
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is just weird what is happening to me....in the last season...few months ago, I was harrased by drunk old goat neighbour....it is scary when the idiot jumps out in the street and starts yelling and cursing me out.....I am afraid I will get startled and I will fall....or he will throw something in my bike......
he never politely said that he was annoyed by sound...never....

Then there is this bar....I pass by once per week and suddenly this ****ing ugly owner runs to my bike, I was watching valleyball near his bar and he starts to threaten how he will beat me up and **** and his bar worker went back to bring a baseball bat.....and was circling my bike.....

it was scary.....
then just one month ago, three idiots in a van were driving super close behind me....and i showed them a finger......the driver jumps out of the van with a long ****ing metal thing and I quickly drove off.....he would for shure hit me or something, again i was afraid for my bike got damaged and drove off.....

Old 11-13-2017, 04:47 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Germany can't handle these sweet American bikes...they like their beer, ***** and quiet (hangover recovery). Might be time to move, or sell the bike.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:59 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by babaharley
I have experienced constant harassment by drunk old neighbour...who is so ridiculously annoying, comes drunk in the middle of the street and started yelling

It was a big problem....so now I have to drive pass his house with almost no gas....

Another problem was a ****ing Albanian coffee shop owner...where I drove pass once per week!!! and he came out with 2 other people and started harassing me.....one of the guys had a baseball bat.....

Is this normal.....tell me your stories...and what to do here.....beat them up or what?
My nearest neighbor is almost 1/4 mile away, I am sure my HD does not bother him any more than when I am my shooting range behind the pasture and fire off a few hundred rounds
I have never had anyone complain about loud exhaust

Old 11-13-2017, 05:31 AM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

Everybody makes noise. My bike makes less than some of our neighbor's lawn equipment and is far less annoying than the barking dog behind us. We have an older couple to our right who's son drops by occasionally on his sportster (that helps!!) For that matter, I've never had a problem.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:35 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

My bike is pretty loud, even at idle, but I have never had a problem, even at 5:30 in the morning, when I leave for work. I also try to leave quietly in the mornings.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:40 AM
Back-n-Black
Road Warrior
Received 427 Likes on 229 Posts

Another problem was a ****ing Albanian coffee shop owner...where I drove pass once per week!!! and he came out with 2 other people and started harassing me.....one of the guys had a baseball bat.....
He most likely would of been shot here in Texas...

Old 11-13-2017, 05:53 AM
ShovelEd
Club Member
Received 39,174 Likes on 10,235 Posts

it was scary.....
then just one month ago, three idiots in a van were driving super close behind me....and i showed them a finger......the driver jumps out of the van with a long ****ing metal thing and I quickly drove off.....he would for shure hit me or something, again i was afraid for my bike got damaged and drove off.....
EVERYONE is a Bad-***, ... until they meet one.

Last edited by ShovelEd; 11-13-2017 at 05:57 AM.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:59 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,177 Likes on 5,605 Posts

Maybe you need to think about how you ride past your neighbors. A little respect goes a long way. If you know your bike is loud, and judging from the amount of negative complaints you get I think it is, you should take it easy until you get away from your neighborhood. If you went blasting by my house every day with loud pipes screaming I would be pissed too.
I have had a bunch of bikes and almost all of them had modified exhaust. The few times I remember anyone bitching about my bikes noise was when I was acting like an ***. Now when I leave my neighborhood I try to keep it low until I get out of my development.

The following users liked this post:
jkghdrider (11-14-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 06:03 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,879 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Around here, pick-ups have taken to dropping the rear ends, adding sound chambers to the exhaust for maximum volume, and stuck super bright off road light bars (aimed into oncoming traffic) in their grilles.

Harley’s are quiet by comparison.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:03 AM
ConfuciusSay
Road Warrior
Received 2,529 Likes on 684 Posts

Maybe the problem is you. If you are having these issues with a number of people then there might be an issue. One person, it happens. Two people, hmmmm. Three people, well, I have to start to look at the common thread-you. Look at how you ride and what your RPMs/shift points are. One other consideration may be the time of day or night. One of the most important relationships you can have is with your neighbors. They can make your life a living hell (as I am sure you can do to them). That doesn't make for a happy home front.

As one other poster said, he exercises common sense when riding. The problem with common sense is that it's not that common!

The following 4 users liked this post by ConfuciusSay:
jkghdrider (11-14-2017), LoneWoolf (11-13-2017), Mchad (11-13-2017), Rakthi (11-14-2017)

Quick Reply: Are you being harassed by other people because of Loud Noise your Harley makes?