General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lindby Bar opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 06:55 PM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 835 Likes on 494 Posts
Default Lindby Bar opinions please

I am thinking about buying Lindby bar for my 2014 Slim. Unfortunately I didn't get too many answers on Softail forum. I was hoping for a bit more luck on general forum to hear some opinions and reviews from all model owners. I am looking for original style lindby. Since I transitioned my Slim to forward controls I believe 111-1 model is correct one.

Wondering is foot rest is really useful and about overall security of the bike during fall (hope not).

Any opinions and reviews will be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Burbur2; 11-25-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:55 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

I have a similar looking bar from Kury (however it's spelled). It is visible in my Road King photo. I use it quite a lot on long trips and it does protect the bike from damage on a drop. I have dropped the bike several times, 3 or 4 on an Alaska trip.I will install a similar bar on my next ride. I recommend it.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:08 PM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks I always wonder about usefulness of these pegs on it. Is it really comfy?

Please keep it coming guys I want to hear more

Old 11-25-2017, 09:25 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,656 Likes on 6,424 Posts

I have one on my Road King and would not recommend it. Nowhere near as stout as stock and I know that doesn't apply in your case but I would look elsewhere. Not at all sure what is available for your bike but if you want to come up with something worthy look at Factory 47 or Big Buffalo. I have the BB bag guards on my Road King and good stuff.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:25 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

I had the Harley version of that bar on my Heritage and the foot rests were useless.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:17 PM
fxbrry
Road Captain
Received 254 Likes on 79 Posts

I had a set on my Fatboy and loved them enough to put a set on my Street Glide. They are very comfortable. I can put my feet up or I can rest my legs by placing my heels on top of the bars for a full stretch. I don't understand anybody that says they're not comfortable. On my Street Glide, It fell over in my gravel driveway and the bars kept the bike from sustaining any damage to the sheet metal, tank, saddle bags etc. The only thing that was noticeable was a small scratch on the Lindbar, which I touched up with paint. I would deffinatley recommend them.

Old 11-26-2017, 12:21 AM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member

While BB and Factory 47 are interesting options I didnt know about I still prefer Lindby style especially that these offer foot rests that already second person mentioned were somehow useful. I considered HD mustache style since price was reasonable but with my switch to forward controls I believe these wont fit.

Definately want to hear more about other options and overall opinions.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:17 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

I've had the Lindby 111's on my 2014 Breakout since the bike was new. These are a great quality, good looking product and they keep looking

good too. They aren't cheap but 1 drop will more than make up for the price paid for these.

I do feel sorry for anyone who buys bars like these thinking they double as footrests. They sell bolt-on footrests which mount to all brands of bars like these for a reason. Unless you plan on giving birth on your MC you'll want to purchase the bolt-on pegs, if you feel you need em. Breakouts already have foot forward controls so for me there's no need.

Old 11-26-2017, 01:21 AM
Burbur2
Stellar HDF Member

Oh man if you could take a picture of your mounting bracket I will really appreciate it. I struggle a bit with fitment issues. Thanks for sharing your pix and thoughts

Old 11-26-2017, 02:00 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Originally Posted by Burbur2
Oh man if you could take a picture of your mounting bracket I will really appreciate it. I struggle a bit with fitment issues. Thanks for sharing your pix and thoughts
Bro, I'm stored for the winter now but in all probability my mounting points wouldn't reveal much to you. Lindby makes several variants of this model of bar, each specific to the model of motorcycle they're to go on. The 111's are the go to model for the HD BO but, there are modification instructions which come for BO installation too. Looks like your ride takes the 110.

http://lindbycustom.com/cart/index.p...&product_id=61

Yours may very well be just a simple 3 point bolt on.

You can download detailed installation instructions specific to your ride from the Lindby site. Even though I had to drill the threads out of my stock horn mount and through bolt it for the top mount on my BO, installation was still just a 20 min job,,,, easy as pie.

Last edited by HKMark23; 11-26-2017 at 02:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Lindby Bar opinions please