General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Miss the Dynas Already

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 07:24 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

I don't miss what I don't have or intend to buy.

The following users liked this post:
waterfordhunter (12-08-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 07:34 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

How do you miss dynas? Did you have one leave you for another ma, pass away, get a job in a different town and leave...?

They are still sitting at dealerships, Craigslist, etc. They didnt all vanish in August. They will be around for 30+ more years.

mine is still sitting in the garage. ...

Originally Posted by Scudda
Why do you miss them? Were you planning on buying a new one?
exactly...

Last edited by cvaria; 12-04-2017 at 07:35 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:36 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 1,254 Posts

I have a Switchback, and while I haven't ridden one yet, from everything I've read, the new Softtails pretty much rectify the criticisms I have with my bike. Now if they could only produce a variant that I actually like. Had high hopes on the Sport Glide, but what it has turned out to be is very far from what I was expecting/hoping.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:38 AM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

I did at first when they flushed the Dynas down the toilet, but after falling back in love with my old Road king I don't care any more. Now if my Road King kicks the bucket, I'll start thinking about a Heritage.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:08 AM
BTLorys
Banned

Received 2,662 Likes on 1,229 Posts

Originally Posted by O-SiderRider
Who’s upset about Harley’s unbelievably bizarre decision to discontinue the Dynas? Everyone I’ve talked to is pissed about it... no one is indifferent about it, and certainly no one is happy about it; everyone is upset.

Anyone think they’ll bring back the Dynas within the next few years? Or maybe for 2019 even?
I'm indifferent about it...doesn't bother me in the slightest and I certainly wouldnt be losing sleep over it. I wouldn't care if they brought them back either. Personally I think they will, but in a similar way where theyre going to redesign it and call it a dyna....even though its hardly the same bike. Just like the soft tail.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:12 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,138 Likes on 6,209 Posts

There is nothing superior about a twin cam Dyna compared to a 2018 Softail except if a person prefers the styling.

There is a greater possibility of bringing back the FXR than the Dynas simply for nostalgia’s sake but even that is not going to happen.

There are plenty of Dynas on the market for reasonable prices right now. But one or a few. Just because no new ones are being built doesn’t mean existing ones vanished into thin air.

Think about what us Evo riders do. We still ride, modify, etc. And we do it on the cheap. It’s been a long time since an Evo or Shovel rolled out of the HD assembly line yet plenty of folks still ride them.

Last edited by Prot; 12-04-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Uncle G. (12-07-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 08:30 AM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,046 Likes on 11,064 Posts

No plans on selling my Superglide, I love having a bike that has the same name of a Shovel I could not afford in 1971.

Last edited by upflying; 12-04-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Campy Roadie (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:32 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,821 Likes on 819 Posts

Personally, I hate softails. I've owned one, and couldn't wait to get rid of it. I'm not sure about the new softail line, but I definitely don't like the solid mount, counter balanced engines. Too "metric" for me. I've owned three dynas, and loved them all. I have a Street glide now, but would love to have a Super Glide Custom in the garage. I've always thought the FXDC was the BEST all around Harley the company makes..............so, yea.......I'll miss the dynas.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:45 AM
Shortline
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I was mad. Then I rode one. I'm over it.

UUNetBill (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:51 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Personally, I hate softails. I've owned one, and couldn't wait to get rid of it. I'm not sure about the new softail line, but I definitely don't like the solid mount, counter balanced engines. Too "metric" for me. I've owned three dynas, and loved them all. I have a Street glide now, but would love to have a Super Glide Custom in the garage. I've always thought the FXDC was the BEST all around Harley the company makes..............so, yea.......I'll miss the dynas.
how many new softails did you ride? They handle Better than dynas... no question about. Perform better too. Nothing like the old scrapetails that couldnt take a corner.
Originally Posted by Prot
There is nothing superior about a twin cam Dyna compared to a 2018 Softail except if a person prefers the styling.

There is a greater possibility of bringing back the FXR than the Dynas simply for nostalgia €™s sake but even that is not going to happen.

There are plenty of Dynas on the market for reasonable prices right now. But one or a few. Just because no new ones are being built doesn €™t mean existing ones vanished into thin air.

Think about what us Evo riders do. We still ride, modify, etc. And we do it on the cheap. It €™s been a long time since an Evo or Shovel rolled out of the HD assembly line yet plenty of folks still ride them.
^this ^

here we go, another silly i hate new things thread but, with a twist. Now we also somehow miss things that are sitting infront of our faces. I miss my sportster standard and dyna wide glide because harley stopped ... even thouhg i ride them daily.....

Last edited by cvaria; 12-04-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Quick Reply: I Miss the Dynas Already