General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys who buy there tires online....

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 05:19 PM
josame
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 161 Posts

My local Honda dealer sells them to me for what I can find them online for. $55 per to install with me bringing them in off the bike.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:34 PM
DaveE
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,035 Likes on 879 Posts

Revzilla. I install myself.

The following users liked this post:
justanotherjim (12-12-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 05:39 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
I guess my memory is bad. I could have sworn you were buddies with your local dealer and praised them in the past.
I have praised them in the past. The issue isn't the local staff, it's the owner. Since I bought my tires elsewhere, for $440 instead of $790, they now have a "sale" twice a year. Great if you happen to need tires during that time. If you don't need tires until the middle of the riding season, it's: "That's the price. If you don't like it, tough."

The following users liked this post:
perki48 (12-11-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Angry Anybody but Dennis Kirk...

I have good luck with Eastern Performance Cycles and JP .... Dennis kirk, not so much.

DK buys up old tires in bulk {cheap} and ships them out with no regard for their age {they admitted this}. Since I ride 15,000+ miles a year and wear out a tire in that time getting a one year old tire from them wasn't that big of a deal but it was NOT what I ordered. If you ride low mileage do not buy from DK as you will have a good chance of getting a stale tire. Some folks get fresh tires from DK and some do not.

Customer service at DK blows on a good day, lots of attitiude and frankly if you are not happy they don't give a rat's ***. I know lots of folks here love them, what the hell, like the man said... opinions vary. I tried to use them three times for different products and got screwed every time, my bad but I am done. If your experience with them has been OK, hooray and I wish you continued success.

Don't bother beating on me for my opinion, sadly it is simply based upon facts and multiple past experiences. If you want to use these folks I wish you luck but you have been warned.

As always.... Opinions and YMMV

Old 12-11-2017, 06:39 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 88 Posts

I firmly believe in supporting your local business. When it makes sense of course.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:56 PM
Durango Dave
Road Captain
Received 507 Likes on 152 Posts

I used to always buy the best price I could find on the internet and bring the tire into a local shop to have it mounted. One shop would charge $50 but I would go to a shop that would 'only' charge $25. Once they asked my why I would never come to buy the tire at their shop. I told them "your tires are twice the price or at least $100 more than Internet prices. I never make it a practice to go into a retail shop and ask if they would be willing to sell me a product at half their price." He told me to at least give them a chance. Ever since then they have matched every tire price I came across AND gave me free mounting too. I now go online and find the best price and bring that with me to the local shop. So now I am saving much more than when I thought I was getting my tires for half price.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:00 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,080 Likes on 1,908 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
I have praised them in the past. The issue isn't the local staff, it's the owner. Since I bought my tires elsewhere, for $440 instead of $790, they now have a "sale" twice a year. Great if you happen to need tires during that time. If you don't need tires until the middle of the riding season, it's: "That's the price. If you don't like it, tough."
Same owner, different store wanted over $400 for rear tire on my Wideglide if I brought in the Rim. Needless to say they did not get it. And I also went to Great Falls Mt. for my new to me Road King.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:07 PM
smokingjoe
Road Captain
Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts

I never have bought tires online always let the local do it, maybe i will change last time it was North of $550.
Best/joe

Old 12-11-2017, 07:13 PM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,998 Likes on 1,998 Posts

Ive looked at prices online but seems for the convenience and keeping a good relationship with my indy it's worth a couple bucks to buy from him. I've been going to them for over 20 years and he's always been fair with me. The last time I got tires put on his brother let me ride his ultra with a 117 he built...now that's what I call a waiting room lol. I understand saving money when you can, I'm not independently wealthy...yet. I've bought stuff from revzilla, no tires, and had good results.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:48 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I buy and have tires installed by my local HD dealer! Never, ever would I buy tires on-line. I'll keep buying local thank you very much!!

Quick Reply: Guys who buy there tires online....