General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you name your bike...what is it and why?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 10:55 AM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRed117
I’ll just message you in the future. Obviously I failed at doing a search!
Sorry folks....
My wife calls my RK "Black Betty" namely because that song was blasting in the garage when she pulled in after I have brought it home the first day.

Don't feel bad failing the search.....I suck at it. Everytime I search something it gives me a hundred threads where one word I used in the search bar is somewhere in the thread. I think there is a trick to it. My computer savvy leaves much to be desired.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:18 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbyway
My wife calls my RK "Black Betty" namely because that song was blasting in the garage when she pulled in after I have brought it home the first day.

Don't feel bad failing the search.....I suck at it. Everytime I search something it gives me a hundred threads where one word I used in the search bar is somewhere in the thread. I think there is a trick to it. My computer savvy leaves much to be desired.
Put all the words you want included in the search inside quotes, for example: "name your bike". Narrow it down by searching titles only...or not. We'd start a thread about how to search within the forums, but if the mods didn't sticky it, no one would ever find it anyway.

The following 2 users liked this post by Redoilokie:
Cbyway (12-15-2017), fugno (12-15-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 12:23 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Mine’s just “The Gray Ghost” because...well, figure it out...

Old 12-15-2017, 12:51 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,477 Likes on 2,477 Posts

Goldie. Because she's White Gold Pearl. And, before you ask, my old Fatboy was "Pearl".

Old 12-15-2017, 01:04 PM
Krustee
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

I've always thought that naming inanimate objects and referring to them as though they were people or pets was a bit weird. However, since my toes are actual living tissue I have given them all names. The ones on my left foot have male names while the ones on my right have female names (because I'm told women are always right). My motorcycles are "The Blue Bike" (dual sport) and "My Harley".

Dan

Old 12-15-2017, 01:16 PM
Rumblin
Supporter
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Not one for sentimental names, I have names for my two just to differentiate. The Street Bob is "Bob" and the Ultra is "Blackie" cuz it is, uh-huh, black.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:19 PM
BigRed117
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,049 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Redoilokie
Put all the words you want included in the search inside quotes, for example: "name your bike". Narrow it down by searching titles only...or not. We'd start a thread about how to search within the forums, but if the mods didn't sticky it, no one would ever find it anyway.
Strange....that is exactly what I did. The search engine would continue grabbing just one word and would not accept a quotation phrase. I just thought you guys have a crappy search. This ain’t my first rodeo but I will try my best to be more careful in the future. I am happy to see a few folks have responded.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:21 PM
Queen-of-Clubs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,334 Likes on 536 Posts

I found one only because I knew I posted in it. But yeah, the search function here is sketchy at best. For your pleasure....https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...your-bike.html and my bike is Thor.

The following users liked this post:
Cbyway (12-15-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 01:26 PM
BigRed117
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,049 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Krustee
I've always thought that naming inanimate objects and referring to them as though they were people or pets was a bit weird. However, since my toes are actual living tissue I have given them all names. The ones on my left foot have male names while the ones on my right have female names (because I'm told women are always right). My motorcycles are "The Blue Bike" (dual sport) and "My Harley".

Dan
That is funny. So you have names for your appendages but not your pet and you don’t find that weird??? I guess weirdness is in the eye of the beholder. Now I will say I have known other fellas that like to name another appendage on their body and sometimes the wife or girlfriend like to name it as well. I will say though I have not heard any folks calling out for their pet saying “Here Dog or Here Cat”.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:27 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen-of-Clubs
I found one only because I knew I posted in it. But yeah, the search function here is sketchy at best. For your pleasure....https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...your-bike.html and my bike is Thor.
This helps a lot, thanks again.

Quick Reply: Did you name your bike...what is it and why?