General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last Post From an Old Guy

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,722 Likes on 6,886 Posts

God Bless

Very sorry for your loss.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:31 PM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,843 Likes on 898 Posts

Your father’s spirit and gentlemanly way touched many here. I well recall when he started this thread, and how I sensed he was someone I would have liked to meet. A good man who left a good legacy.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:37 PM
mctraveler
Road Master
Received 321 Likes on 250 Posts

Your Fathers post touched us all,,whether by reminding us of the brotherhood motorcycling..his interest in all of us trying to pass on our knowledge and acceptance of younger riders...just his statement of his feelings, his vision for us all, his joy of being in the wind on sunny days, he shared something which was a spark in all of us that we understood and showed how much this activity means to each of us...it touched some of us reminding us of our mortality and how we are tied to each other....it brought for some of us a definition or focus ,if you will,of why we ride....and then in subsequent posts we found, through you, what kind of man he was.and how he lived to his ideals......and that was shared to us......his history his life....it all means something to all of us..........Brian, thank you for sharing his story......continue on learning and developing your riding skills....you already share your fathers good traits....you also are a good man....God Bless.....Ride Safe..........and especially on "warm sunny days"............

Old 05-19-2019, 11:06 PM
John Blake
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Last post

May it be a long peaceful ride for you

Old 05-21-2019, 11:37 PM
hypnotist
Novice
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oldster too

I keep wondering what you gentlemen consider as “old”. Some of the stories on here are very inspirational. I am 82 and luckily in good health. I am a Marine veteran and the proud owner of a 2004 Harley Sportst1200 and a 2005 Harley Road King Flrci. I hope to be riding as long as I am able. Those of you that have experienced the dreaded C, I pray that you get well and continue your adventure in living, God Bless.

Old 06-09-2019, 10:58 AM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by sat4314
One last thing. We all had a "1st day" on our bikes. Some of us were fortunate enough to know someone that mentored and advised us on how to ride. When a new rider posts a question, help them as best you can with good advice. Social media wasn't around back then, so help them with good advice and remember they will be out on the road with you. Yes, I did all the crazy crap in the beginning. Wanting to be cool and be noticed. Nothing wrong with that but there are a great many of you that can share your experience with a new rider. The end result being you have helped someone to come home safe every day. I will continue to read this wonderful forum and appreciate the replies, but will not post. My diagnosis is terminal. It has been a wonderful adventure for me and I wish you all nothing but the ability to enjoy life. Ride safe.........
This is a one of a kind forum. And you, Keith, have obviously contributed to making it a useful forum. Thank you for being you.

Old 06-10-2019, 02:02 AM
harpo302
Advanced
Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello Brian, I just stumbled on to this thread and read all 45 pages worth. I've been on this forum since 2010 and all I can say is this was the most inspirational thread I have ever read. My sincere condolences on the loss of your dad. (Lost my dad 5 years ago, A WWII Vet) While I can't even begin to add to what has been said in these 45 pages, I think there is someone you might want to "look up". I don't know if you're on twitter but if you are look up https://twitter.com/codeofvets. Code of vets is a one woman organization founded by Gretchen Smith in the memory of her dad (A Vietnam Vet) It's sole purpose is to help Veterans. She started it 2 years ago and it has grown tremendously. It's a real grass roots organization. The things she's able to accomplish for our Vets are amazing. She has a lot of support from all over the country and I think you might find her inspirational as well. She's in the Nashville TN area. In reading the posts about your dad, Code Of Vets just kept popping into my head. She holds the same values as you and your dad. While I don't post much I do read a lot. Figured it was worth posting this. My dad left me with many of the same values as you and yours have. His favorite saying was "If you do something for someone and more than one person knows about it, you're doing it for the wrong reason" God Bless.

The following 4 users liked this post by harpo302:
J F GO (06-10-2019), Rusty Bucket (06-10-2019), sailmotion (06-10-2019), tomve (06-22-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 08:16 PM
Joetxan
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a newcomer - to riding ( 2019 Road King ) and also to another organization where the Old Timers in the Community are the backbone of the group. I appreciate your comments and overall approach and hope you'll chime in now and then if you're feeling up to it. Respect and Godspeed sat4314.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:20 PM
MidlyfeHDcrysess
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Moved me emotionally you are a role model and an inspiration! Godspeed old man it was a privilege reading that,thank you !

The following users liked this post:
Rusty Bucket (06-20-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 08:23 PM
Lotsaluck
Supporter
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

God Bless you and if the final days are here may they be calm and you be in peace. I'm new to this forum and street bike riding and I'm sure I'll learn a lot here. I'll keep you in my prayers.

The following users liked this post:
Rusty Bucket (07-18-2019)

Quick Reply: Last Post From an Old Guy