General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Creek Leather Love

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 12:00 PM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,849 Likes on 900 Posts
Default Fox Creek Leather Love

First, you should probably close this thread if:

You don't like extremely high-quality leather gear made for riding.
You don't like businesses that treat you like you're their friend.
You don't like leathers which immediately have a custom, hand-crafted feel.
You don't like American-made products which ooze pride.
You don't like lifetime warranties and skilled in-house repairs.

What the heck...we looked at the map and Independence, VA was 4-1/2 hours south of our home. I knew of Fox Creek Leathers but was not aware of their location. Road Trip!.....

Siri got us there easily enough. Walk through the front door and immediately your mind forgets everything except the interior surroundings. Rustic wood everywhere, and all that beautiful leather work hanging in abundance. Smell of good leather is a bit intoxicating. We were quickly greeted by Rachel and it didn't take long for the fun (and work) to get started. Jackets and vests and chaps on-off-on-off...it was crazy. Rachel worked with us tirelessly and she is so kind. She definitely made us feel welcomed and...yes...a bit guilty about her endless trips to retrieve another garment to try.

When the smoke and dust cleared, we bought 2 jackets. My wife selected a Fitted Classic Jacket. I picked a Vented Racing Jacket and a pair of custom deerskin touring gloves. We both picked vests but could not get the exact size and features immediately so custom orders are imminent. Same with the chaps. I plan to wait about 4-6 weeks and order my chaps in early or mid-March. I will tell you I measure 42 at the chest and stand 6-0. I bought a 46 jacket in Tall and it is a very close fit. There is no way I could wear a 42-labeled jacket.

In all we spent over 2 hours with Rachel. We ended up with exactly the right sized jackets. It's really nice to walk out knowing you bought the best jacket for yourself and it fits you like it was made for you. Anyway....hit the road north....dinner in Charleston, WV and back home by 7:15 pm. Perfect.

A huge thanks to Fox Creek Leather and Rachel. American pride and craftsmanship is alive and well in Virginia. We'll definitely be back next time we are in the area.

The following users liked this post:
Fox Creek Leather (02-07-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 03:10 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

I just got me a Langlitz. Pretty much the same as you just posted, but it was done remotely. Awesome.

The following users liked this post:
Jshopes (02-01-2018)
Old 01-28-2018, 04:15 PM
indiandave
Road Master
Received 292 Likes on 170 Posts

I have three pairs of their gloves. Top notch stuff.

Old 01-28-2018, 04:23 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Have their jacket, chaps, deerskin gauntlet gloves wallet and Chippewa boots. Only thing remaining for me are a pair of waterproof gauntlet gloves. And yes, nice people. I am usually there a few times a year as great riding all over the area for hundreds of miles.

Old 01-28-2018, 04:26 PM
WRE4U
Road Master

Received 215 Likes on 125 Posts

Heading that way in June.....looking forward to the trip!

Old 01-28-2018, 04:26 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Fox Creek is top notch for sure, I’ve been wearing their Grayson for 6 or 7 years now and it’s just awesome. I condition it yearly and I expect it will outlive me

Old 01-28-2018, 06:23 PM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,849 Likes on 900 Posts

What really impressed me was the amount of finished leather garments they had in stock, at least for jackets and most vests. They are obviously ready for spring. Also, I was told a pair of chaps takes about 48hrs to make and ship. Very timely.

Old 01-28-2018, 06:46 PM
judgedelta
Road Master
Received 225 Likes on 162 Posts

Their stuff is beautifully made, but as you said, it seems to run a little small. I have a new pair of chaps that I had to send back 2 times to get them large enough. They are patient and always courteous. American made, when it is good is the best in the world. Their stuff is not cheap, but not expensive when you consider the quality.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:28 PM
Fourdogs
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a jacket, vest, chaps, gloves and a few other things all great products!!!

Old 01-28-2018, 10:57 PM
cowboydoc
Road Warrior

Received 1,076 Likes on 450 Posts

I have a jacket (vented racing), chaps, and a windshield bag.

You are correct on pretty much everything. Great quality leather and even better service. I have been to their place twice and I was amazed at how much leather they had in stock.

I will be making another stop there probably this spring to pick up some gloves.

Quick Reply: Fox Creek Leather Love