General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non-leather riding jackets

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 06:59 AM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by 17VelRedSGS
Thanks. Any idea of the jacket model name? I'm curious to look it up.
I will check and PM you.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:03 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Cortech GX Sport is what I use. I have a matching pair of overpants. I can fit in the jacket just barely, I'm too fat to fit in the pants.
It looks similar to this and it has some nice reflective areas on the jacket.

I also use a strongarm II jacket similar to this one, only my jacket has no designs on the sleeves.

Last edited by SixDD; 02-12-2018 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 02:40 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by 17VelRedSGS
Thanks. Any idea of the jacket model name? I'm curious to look it up.
I told you I would check on the model of Bilt jacket I got a Cyclegear. I tried to PM you but could not figure out how to post pics in that setting. Well, come to find out it has no model number or name anywhere on it other than Bilt BLM13. Its solid black and has back, elbow and shoulder armor. The back armor is just a rubber pad but has a pocket to insert the hard armor which is sold separately. I am 6'1" and weigh in at 285, my jacket is a 3x and with the back armor inserted its too tight for me when the liner is installed, therefore I only use the back armor in warm weather. Overall for what it cost I am satisfied. If it lasts three seasons I am happy. Has nice reflective piping which appears dark gray during daytime. The insulated liner is removable and is pretty warm. Not sure if its water proof as I haven't used it in the rain. I have Hiviz HD raingear for foul weather.

Without Flash
With flash. Never noticed this till in the garage one night with a flashlight.

The following users liked this post:
17VelRedSGS (02-16-2018)
Old 02-16-2018, 05:58 PM
Piloto
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 18,461 Likes on 5,663 Posts

[QUOTE=Ron750;17057700]I have three jackets. A classic Leather one, which I wear under 55, a Harley Mesh which I wear over 75./QUOTE]

That. Between 55*-70*, my old trusted M-65 field jacket works perfectly.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:41 PM
drcollie
Tourer
Received 314 Likes on 88 Posts

I don't much care for "uniforms" so I buy what works, not what looks cool. So I have about (6) jackets, depending on the ride and weather.

Super hot out, over 95 degrees? BMW Venting Jacket. It's not the cheap nylon mesh like HD jackets that will melt if they hit the blacktop due to friction.

80 to 95 degrees: Klim Latitudes, light, but decent protection

65 to 80 degrees (no rain in forecast): Vanson Leather

My serious go-to, 4-season Jacket is a Klim Badlands Pro. You can wear this anywhere in any weather and it won't let you down, and you won't freeze. Too heavy over 100 degrees though. When I do 25 degree rides and roll into the HD dealer parking lot - the only bike there on cold winter days - this is what I wear. Big price tag, but also has excellent resale value because real riders know what it is.

Last edited by drcollie; 02-16-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:07 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,497 Likes on 786 Posts

I wear the HD Mens Moto Winged B&S 3-in-1 Black Casual Jacket. Super warm and I like the layered liner/hoodie + jacket. Keep the liner in during the spring and fall, take it off during the summer.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:49 AM
zodder
Road Captain
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

I've had the Tourmaster Flex 3 for about 3 years and really like it. I like the fact the armor is in the mesh lining, so no matter what configuration the jacket is in, you always have the armor there. I've been in the mesh all day when it's warm and then had to put the liner and water/wind proof jacket together because it was freezing at night and it kept me comfortable in both situations. It's kind of a pain to piece together, but nice to have only one jacket for all situations.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:19 PM
17VelRedSGS
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbyway
I told you I would check on the model of Bilt jacket I got a Cyclegear. I tried to PM you but could not figure out how to post pics in that setting. Well, come to find out it has no model number or name anywhere on it other than Bilt BLM13. Its solid black and has back, elbow and shoulder armor. The back armor is just a rubber pad but has a pocket to insert the hard armor which is sold separately. I am 6'1" and weigh in at 285, my jacket is a 3x and with the back armor inserted its too tight for me when the liner is installed, therefore I only use the back armor in warm weather. Overall for what it cost I am satisfied. If it lasts three seasons I am happy. Has nice reflective piping which appears dark gray during daytime. The insulated liner is removable and is pretty warm. Not sure if its water proof as I haven't used it in the rain. I have Hiviz HD raingear for foul weather.

Without Flash
With flash. Never noticed this till in the garage one night with a flashlight.
I ended up getting a Bilt Techno Mesh jacket, which seems very similar to yours. Tried one on at the store, but $180 was a little steep. A week later it went on sale for $120, so it was bought. I think it will be a great warm weather option. Plus, when cleaning the basement, I found the liner for my Joe Rocket Sonic leather jacket. I was super excited because I was certain it had gotten thrown away. Now I have some choices when riding. I'm sure I will spring for one of the higher end jackets in coming years, but the Bilt should do me well for a while. Thanks to all for the great input.