Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   H-D Drops Air Cooled Models in '08? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/122032-h-d-drops-air-cooled-models-in-08-a.html)

mvinc01 06-19-2007 06:53 PM

H-D Drops Air Cooled Models in '08?

Let me preface this that I am not trying to start rummers.

My bud sent me an e-mail with this on it (below), but no points of refference or author infoon it. Has anyone heard the same rumblings?

H-D Drops Air Cooled Models

You may recall that I mentioned that Harley-Davidson was dropping the Dyna Wide Glide for the 2008 model year and replacing it with a similar-looking model with a water-cooled engine. After talking with some dealer employees on a couple of internet groups, they confirmed that also to be dropped are the Softail Standard, Deuce & Springer Classic, the Road King Custom, and the XL883. The word from the factory stated that this was because at current production levels, they can't meet EPA emission limits without adding more water-cooled models to the mix.
Now, remember that these are the very same emissions regulations that H-D and other manufacturers FOUGHT FOR, hoping to wipe out competition! I hope like hell that one of the smaller manufacturers decides to build a touring model using the S&S X-Wedge engine. It would serve them right, since the X-Wedge is air-cooled and passes all current and pending emissions standards, and can produce up to 150HP.

AZ Rider 06-19-2007 07:30 PM

RE: H-D Drops Air Cooled Models in '08?

I can wait a month to find out.

Wally 06-19-2007 07:32 PM

What he said!

johnny canuck 06-19-2007 07:41 PM

Like July 6th!

I am Jerry 06-19-2007 08:19 PM

This is welcomed news (rumor) for me. I currently ride a water-cooled cruiser but will be ordering either a Heritage or Road King this winter, hence my presence here. I have read several posts about the heat that the 96” engine put out and I am concerned about that. I’m sure that the hardcore Harley guys wouldn’t welcome it but us new to the brand guys would probably like it.

Crazy Biker 06-19-2007 08:28 PM

Time will tell.

mimo 06-19-2007 08:46 PM

what is next? ABS brakes???? [:'(]

maddog53 06-19-2007 09:00 PM

[sm=laughat.gif][sm=pcwhack.gif]

torchmaster 06-19-2007 09:07 PM

Reverse with a beeper! LOL!
[hr]
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...WIDEGLIDE2.jpg

vegashd 06-19-2007 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: mvinc01

Let me preface this that I am not trying to start rummers.

My bud sent me an e-mail with this on it (below), but no points of refference or author infoon it. Has anyone heard the same rumblings?

H-D Drops Air Cooled Models

You may recall that I mentioned that Harley-Davidson was dropping the Dyna Wide Glide for the 2008 model year and replacing it with a similar-looking model with a water-cooled engine. After talking with some dealer employees on a couple of internet groups, they confirmed that also to be dropped are the Softail Standard, Deuce & Springer Classic, the Road King Custom, and the XL883. The word from the factory stated that this was because at current production levels, they can't meet EPA emission limits without adding more water-cooled models to the mix.
Now, remember that these are the very same emissions regulations that H-D and other manufacturers FOUGHT FOR, hoping to wipe out competition! I hope like hell that one of the smaller manufacturers decides to build a touring model using the S&S X-Wedge engine. It would serve them right, since the X-Wedge is air-cooled and passes all current and pending emissions standards, and can produce up to 150HP.

to bad this email contains "dealer employees" and "internet groups" cause those are the ones who dont know jack squat.....