General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics, Pro Beams Versus Standard Ringz. ANY input on either welcome

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 04:34 PM
HubBub
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Custom Dynamics, Pro Beams Versus Standard Ringz. ANY input on either welcome

I've been wanting custom dynamic ringz for a while. I see them pop up in the classifieds from time to time. Now I see they've come out with their "pro beam" rings. I've also noticed more ringz popping up for sale since they offered the "pro beams".Reading their website they make a point of the "pro beams" using automotive grade LED's. Did the original ringz use automotive LED's?

For those of you who have used ringz and/or upgraded to "pro beam" ringz what is the difference? Are the "pro beams" brighter? More LED's? Better,(automotive grade), LED's or? I'd like to hear from anybody whose used rings whether they upgraded to pro beams, are happy with standard ringz or ditched them altogether. I especially interested if you've ditched them altogether and why?

Old 03-17-2018, 07:19 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

probeams are 2x brighter but, the units are thicker and come with deeper lenses.

i bought some and decided not to use them. sold the on ebay to some lucky guy that didn't ask me a bunch of stupid questions about why i was selling them so cheap or keep asking it the were real. did the same with the probeam 5.75" headlight.

they are nice. but cd went back to the screw driver-ish style socket connector.

either standard or probeam is fine.

bizarre decision to go backwards here... not sure why they would do that.

radienz or BAL are also brighter than CD standard lights

Last edited by cvaria; 03-17-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:53 PM
HubBub
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks for your input. I'm still on the fence about doing standard ringz or pro beams. Keep em coming, please!

Old 03-17-2018, 09:10 PM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

I just bought some from CD while they were at the Speedway during Daytona Bike Week. They don't look like either one in the above picture shown in the post by cvaria. That being said, whatever they put on, they are some super bright. My wife has had them on her bike for quite some time, the bullet style, and they are very visible too.

I did have them put on the new Pro Beam taillight, and that is a BiG improvement over what they had in the past. Much brighter as a running light and its bigger & brighter as it lights up the whole housing. Combined with LED rear running lights and their flasher set up, people will know when you are braking. All three lights can be programmed to flash when you apply the brake.

The following users liked this post:
GPHDXLC (03-17-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 07:30 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
They don't look like either one in the above picture shown in the post by cvaria.

does your bike use bullet or flat turn signals? https://www.customdynamics.com/vehic...ed-accessories

Last edited by cvaria; 03-18-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:33 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
I just bought some from CD while they were at the Speedway during Daytona Bike Week. They don't look like either one in the above picture shown in the post by cvaria. That being said, whatever they put on, they are some super bright. My wife has had them on her bike for quite some time, the bullet style, and they are very visible too.

I did have them put on the new Pro Beam taillight, and that is a BiG improvement over what they had in the past. Much brighter as a running light and its bigger & brighter as it lights up the whole housing. Combined with LED rear running lights and their flasher set up, people will know when you are braking. All three lights can be programmed to flash when you apply the brake.
I'm sure you're aware of this, being from the area, but there's a little shop that sells all CD stuff on US 1. South side just a little north of Beaver Bar. I grabbed a couple of things there last year.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:54 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Upgraded lights have been pretty important to me for some years now and I have had them from HD (Daymaker), Truck Lite, and couple knock offs. This new bike is the first time trying anything CD. Everything I have read and seen says you can't go wrong with their products no matter what you get. Can't answer your question so I can only suggest calling them.