Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Used Harley's at the Indian dealership (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1228136-used-harleys-at-the-indian-dealership.html)

Jshopes 04-13-2018 10:59 PM

I dont know if its them loading up, there are people who arent brand loyal and just want something different. I dont think theyre bad at all (except for the hand control pods) and im glad harley has a competitor.

Dsm Limited 04-14-2018 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Steevo Jolly (Post 17273252)

anyone who has spent time living in the dirt neighborhoods of Detroit has seen a ghetto hair weave being tossed around by the wind. Hence the tumbleweave.

Ive only been to Detroit for business. In addition to tumbleweave, you get dredlocked in traffic instead of deadlocked also.

2goldens 04-14-2018 05:18 AM

anyone who has spent time living in the dirt neighborhoods of Detroit has seen a ghetto hair weave being tossed around by the wind. Hence the tumbleweave.

This is why I never jump in to correct someone about spelling or usage on these forums. If you do, YOU just may be the incorrect one!
This reply gave me a nice morning chuckle.

Low budget Dan 04-14-2018 06:50 AM

I work for a highway dept and last week got a call for a dead cat on the road when I got there ,you guessed it a jet black weave sprawled out at the curb

johnv50 04-14-2018 06:56 AM

I bought my bike from an Indian dealer, a 2015 FLHTKL, last year. Price was low retail and they gave me high trade on my 2010 FLHTK which was sold the day I traded it. They also had about 7 or 8 other used Harleys on the floor.
About 2 weeks earlier my riding buddy traded his Goldwing with 80k to the same dealer for a Roadmaster. This dealer appears to be willing to deal to sell bikes. Starting to see more Indians on the road in this area.

Daytona Fat Boy 04-14-2018 06:57 AM

The Indian dealer in Daytona usually has a huge inventory of used HDs. Maybe a better selection than the local Harley dealer and probably more than the number of new Indians they stock. Seems like they sell more Indians after the Demo Fleet has been in town for Bike Week & Biketoberfest, so I'm staying away from a test ride, lol.

skratch 04-14-2018 07:00 AM

i wouldn't be surprised if the indian dealer was buying a bunch of hd's at auction to put on is floor to make it look like a bunch of people were jumping brands. but i'm cynical that way :D

2goldens 04-14-2018 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by skratch (Post 17273559)
i wouldn't be surprised if the indian dealer was buying a bunch of hd's at auction to put on is floor to make it look like a bunch of people were jumping brands. but i'm cynical that way :D

My area had a local Ford dealer do this a few years back. They were buying up HD's at auction, repos, etc. and selling the hell out of them. Actually opened a bike shop in addition to the Ford store.
It didn't last though. A couple of popular local brothers with several car dealerships bought the local HD dealership from the previous not so popular owner. They treated it like their car dealerships and would actually deal. They started moving 3 times the bikes that the previous guy did. Not long after that the Ford store got out of the bike biz.

RHPAW 04-14-2018 07:27 AM

The Indian Dealer in Sturgis was also flush with used H-D's when I was there.

riknbeth 04-14-2018 07:31 AM

Nice, really nice!