General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need a few tips for my arthritis

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 06:48 PM
Johnnyh14
Road Warrior
Received 177 Likes on 102 Posts

I have a similar problem and refuse to do drugs. Look up Devil's Claw. Natural pain reliver for arthritis. It helps me. Good Luck.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:36 PM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

You can refuse to give up, or you can have a life.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:21 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,341 Likes on 3,277 Posts

I’m on methotrexate, Humira and mobic. If I go on a trip like this coming long weekend, I start taking prednisone Wednesday...I say better seat, bars, backrest...that is if you can’t get a cushier bike. Look at better shocks like Öhlins, Pro Action or Bitubo. You will thank yourself...

Old 05-22-2018, 06:44 AM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,430 Likes on 4,130 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerk
WTF are you a doctor? Have you read his file?
No, not a doctor. I don't believe you have to be a doctor to realize that giving your body everything it needs to heal itself is certainly something worth looking into. They call them (vitamins and minerals and fatty acids) "essentials" for a reason. That's for anybody, not just someone with an aliment.

Please don't take my word for it. There is tons of info you can research yourself from Doctors who have spent their entire lives studying nutrition and the down side to not getting what you need daily.

Why are we so quick to believe in pharmaceuticals (that also have side effects), but think good nutrition is not worth looking into?
Do yourself a favor and educate yourself, then decide for yourself.

Google: Dr. Joel Wallach, Dr. Peter Glidden, 90 for Life, Youngevity

You can refuse to give up, or you can have a life.
Couldn't agree more.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 05-24-2018 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:48 PM
Zerk
Banned

Originally Posted by AJSHOVEL
No, not a doctor. I don't believe you have to be a doctor to realize that giving your body everything it needs to heal itself is certainly something worth looking into. They call them (vitamins and minerals and fatty acids) "essentials" for a reason. That's for anybody, not just someone with an aliment.

Please don't take my word for it. There is tons of info you can research yourself from Doctors who have spent their entire lives studying nutrition and the down side to not getting what you need daily.

Why are we so quick to believe in pharmaceuticals (that also have side effects), but think good nutrition is not worth looking into?
Do yourself a favor and educate yourself, then decide for yourself.

Google: Dr. Joel Wallach, Dr. Peter Glidden, 90 for Life, Youngevity
I am not against natural stuff. I take fish oil Not sure I really believe in it or not

But there comes a point you have to realize you are dealing with a damaged body. You can with new age hippy crappy, or you can get out there an live life. You put glass on to read, is what someone told me when I was being stuborn and reveling in my pain.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:50 PM
TopHatPlus
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not against natural stuff. I take fish oil Not sure I really believe in it or not

But there comes a point you have to realize you are dealing with a damaged body. You can with new age hippy crappy, or you can get out there an live life. You put glass on to read, is what someone told me when I was being stuborn and reveling in my pain.
This is exactly what im doing =D What I can, when I can and enjoying the **** out of it when im doing it!!!

Old 05-23-2018, 11:58 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,387 Likes on 2,951 Posts

What are the chances of "hip replacement" surgery?

Being young, I'd think you might be a priority.

Fellow ridercoach had hip replacement surgery 10 days ago. No meds anymore and he promised his doc he wouldn't ride for 3 months. He has a dull ache where the bone is mating to the Ti ball, but it's not as bad as it was 11 days ago. PT is imperative too. He'll be riding by June. I know this guy...

Old 05-26-2018, 10:14 AM
TopHatPlus
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
What are the chances of "hip replacement" surgery?

Being young, I'd think you might be a priority.

Fellow ridercoach had hip replacement surgery 10 days ago. No meds anymore and he promised his doc he wouldn't ride for 3 months. He has a dull ache where the bone is mating to the Ti ball, but it's not as bad as it was 11 days ago. PT is imperative too. He'll be riding by June. I know this guy...
I im actually to young, the best case scenario for a hip replacement is 20 years, with ym work and lifestyle I won't be to likely to get that and I can only get the same joint replaced 2 times. Being 28 years old that means by the time im 48 I am on my last leg (pun intended) so the doctors don't really want anything to do with me, but yes joint replacement is in my future and the only realistic improvement to my current situation. Kept my OEM parts this long and hopefully for a while longer!

Old 05-26-2018, 10:20 AM
Zerk
Banned

I wonder if US has limit on replacements. I would understand with organ donors, but not factory built parts.

I think they got rid of lifetime dollar amount, which would maybe limit that.

At 28, the good thing is I am sure there will be more advances to come the next 20 years.

What the average public does not undrstand is chronic pain, that has no cure. They think the cast is off, so to speak, you are good to go. Movies show a guy getting hut, out of hospital, no big deal.

All you can do is find things that make it better, maybe activities that are not as bad. I have been lucky I do all I want to do. But I can't do it day after day anymore, or even all day.

Is driving a car a problem? Is it being seated in general, or the posistion of your bike? If the bike, maybe change it, maybe someday large framed bike with more room to move around. Hard to spend the money not knowing. Though maybe some day buy an old higher mileage touring bike to see.

Better yet, go on vacation in the winter, some place warm, and rent one for the day.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 05-26-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:24 AM
AJSHOVEL
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,430 Likes on 4,130 Posts

You can with new age hippy crappy, or you can get out there an live life. .
Understanding your nutritional needs (yes, what your body NEEDS) is hardy new and it's certainly not "hippy crappy". Like I said, there is tons of info out there buy world renown doctors and nutritional experts. You do have the choice to educate yourself or remain ignorant, it's America. If I was a young man racked with painful arthritis, I would certainly be looking into making sure I was doing everything possible to give my body the means to cure itself.

Quick Reply: need a few tips for my arthritis