General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Repo'd By Mistake!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 03:45 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

IMO you have some sort of Payday coming. Pain and suffering. Embarrassment .....

Old 05-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty901
IMO you have some sort of Payday coming. Pain and suffering. Embarrassment .....
After the attorney gets his cut.....likely just the pain is left.

Old 05-05-2018, 06:16 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbyway
I don't think HDFS has anything to do with the problem. The OP clearly stated that he was way ahead on his payments and that HDFS was not attempting to repossess his bike. Probably not related here but, some seem to think when they add extra funds to a payment they are paying the debt forward. In other words "because I doubled up last months payments I don't need to make a payment this month." Sounds crazy but that is certainly not how it works and it seems like those with poor credit assume this misnomer the most.
except, hdfs does work this way. if you pay ahead on your note, they will tell you that you have no payment due until x date. which, will make the end date of your loan the same. of course, you'd be a fool if you did that. otherwise, why pay ahead in the first place?

for other lenders, maybe that's one reason why those folks have poor credit....

Old 05-06-2018, 12:10 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member

Received 208 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
except, hdfs does work this way. if you pay ahead on your note, they will tell you that you have no payment due until x date. which, will make the end date of your loan the same. of course, you'd be a fool if you did that. otherwise, why pay ahead in the first place?

Except that it is a simple interest loan, so, according to what little I know, paying down the principle on the note means that even if you skip a few months after paying extra, you're still ahead of the game. Of course, every time you don't make a payment, the interest that would have been paid gets tacked onto the principle.

Effectively, on a simple interest loan, the more you pay, and the sooner you pay, the better off you are.

The following users liked this post:
Bigaj2 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 03:39 AM
Wampuscat
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm still waiting on the new police report to be able to move forward, since I still haven't heard from the repo company.

When HDFS had me on hold for about 5 minutes, and I called back to Countrywide, My brain probably grasped at the straw that HDFS had called them to return it. Either way, I still need a little justice.

uklauren (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 05:23 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,656 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Every time I read your updates I feel less and less updated.

Tony P (05-07-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 06:04 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,718 Likes on 3,494 Posts

Originally Posted by Wampuscat
When HDFS had me on hold for about 5 minutes, and I called back to Countrywide, My brain probably grasped at the straw that HDFS had called them to return it.
Well I hope you get it all sorted. Let us know how it all turns out.

Old 05-06-2018, 06:53 AM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

If the OP wasn't fortunate enough to see who took the bike, he'd never have seen it again.

It's absurd that law enforcement cannot or will not at least investigate it to determine if it was a mistake, or its part of a theft syndicate.

Place ad's in the local Craig's list naming the company asking if others have had similar dealings with them.

Go to the two company's place and ask to see the owner or manager.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:09 AM
Cbyway
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch

Why on earth would anyone double their payment this month and skip next month? I've never used HDFS, but I feel for certain if one makes their payments on time for they will have no issues.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:19 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Cbyway
Why on earth would anyone double their payment this month and skip next month? I've never used HDFS, but I feel for certain if one makes their payments on time for they will have no issues.
the only reason I could see is if they made an extra payment, and then some unforeseen circumstance came up. but yeah, I agree, it is dumb to cut yourself short one month, just to skip a month. if you think you're gonna be in a situation like that, then just bump up your payment a little bit, and continue to make a payment.

Quick Reply: Bike Repo'd By Mistake!!!