General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The (Mostly) Good and Bad of Lane-Splitting

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 06:19 PM
josame
Road Master
Received 291 Likes on 163 Posts

I don't care one way or the other, but I was just thinking about all the times I read on here... Some dude pulled up beside me in my lane, and boy did that **** me off. Lol .I guess that pisses everyone off except people that live inCali.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:52 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,902 Likes on 17,471 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioflhs
That is there only. Everywhere else it is my lane...from left line to right line and I will use the whole thing. My old car wanders around a bit and it would be a bad idea to try to share my lane with me.
Guy it's not like we're doing it at 65mph although the ricer stunt crew does, majority of lane sharing is done under 20mph and most is in stop & go traffic.

Your car is " wandering " all over the lane at 15mph or less what the blue f**k are you even doing driving it ?

Think this is the biggest misconception the naysayers have, they seem to think we are all hell bent on pissing them off at highway speeds.

The following users liked this post:
StreetBob18 (05-03-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 08:14 PM
StreetBob18
Cruiser
Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by josame
I don't care one way or the other, but I was just thinking about all the times I read on here... Some dude pulled up beside me in my lane, and boy did that **** me off. Lol .I guess that pisses everyone off except people that live inCali.
See I don't look at it this way. The few times when I have to drive my car, and am stuck in traffic, if a bike splits up past/besides me I am envious of the rider. Good luck to them.

Anyone who gets pissed off about a rider splitting is just being petty and taking it way to personal. The rider doesn't know the car driver, or set out to make the car driver pissed off, they are just another person getting from A-to-B via a different method.

Cagers get protection from the elements (rain, heat, cold), us riders get to split and get there quicker. Evens out!

Last edited by StreetBob18; 05-03-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Sanjuro
Road Warrior

Received 1,616 Likes on 749 Posts

Originally Posted by silent1
I hate to break it to you, but you put your trust into other drivers every time you get on your bike, whether you lane split or not.

I'm definitely in favor of it, and wish that other states would pass their laws.

I am aware of that. I think that with lane splitting, though, you magnify that with every car you pass.

r,
Sanjuro