General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My friend is about to take his final ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 09:51 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,635 Likes on 4,629 Posts

I just saw this, this morning. I am so sorry I missed it. And extremely sorry for the loss of your friend and mentor. It is a hard thing to say good bye, to someone you truly love and respect. So my prayers will be for you, and for his family, for dealing with the passing of his awesome presence of all who knew him. May the Lords comfort be with all concerned.

Father, I come to you this day, lifting up our friend Purple deuce, and his friends, for the pain of the loss, of their friend Art.We hold on so dearly the gift of life, and the gift of friendship. And when it goes deeper, and becomes a mentor, a surrogate father, a man of high regard, the pain and sting of passing hits the heart, so much harder. So hard that we have a hard time, focusing, concentrating, and just doing daily life, itself. This is why we reach out to You O God. Your abilities to sustain us, and to comfort us, and to hold us closely in these times of great need are so amazing.You indeed our our crutch, for we are such crippled people. We need a strong tower for us to be sheltered in, when the pain gets too much, when the sorrows, flow from our eyes and our hearts, when mere hugs from families and friends just don't seem adequate....We look to you this day. Knowing the the creator of the universe, and our souls, will do what is right, in caring for our friend, Art. Keep him in Your loving arms, Lord, and give us assurance that You are taking care of him, and he has a new body, one free form disease, and pain, and he has legs that will never fail, and a smile so full of happiness and joy, that we rejoice in what is in his heart this day. Lord, remember us down below You. We are weak, and feel the hurts, instead of the rejoicing. Bring comfort to this family, to our friend, Purple deuce, and all who mourn Art today. In the precious Name of Jesus Christ do we pray.

Last edited by harleycharlie1992; 06-08-2018 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:23 AM
LJLKRL05
Tourer
Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Sorry for your loss. Enjoy the good memories you made with him. I prayed for him, his family and you.