General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Three motorcycle fatalities in VA This Weekend!

Old 06-18-2018, 07:42 AM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 538 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMn
Yeah,, I get it,,
uhm,, you ride safe too. I'm kind of reminded about it every time I get on.
I'm pretty sure the people that are dead where thinking of that too.
Possibly they weren't "thinking of that" enough? I didn't read the links, and have no idea what caused the accidents, but from some of the accidents mentioned in the papers here, some riders aren't thinking enough to avoid accidents that some of us avoid daily?

There are new riders here looking for advice, some literally, but most will benefit from hearing about a world they don't have enough experience to really understand. Hopefully it will make aware of the ease with which their lives may be dramatically affected.

Last edited by rjg883c; 06-18-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:44 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMn
Yeah,, I get it,,
uhm,, you ride safe too. I'm kind of reminded about it every time I get on.
I'm pretty sure the people that are dead where thinking of that too.
The title pretty well gave away what was in here. You didn't have to come through the door.

Originally Posted by bulkman2008
Starting to hear about it too much these days , think I prolly be getting rid or the bike before to long .
Just thought I'd share this with you...in case you wanted to update your sig pic or anything.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 06-19-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:51 AM
tomcatg
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rjg883c
Possibly they weren't "thinking of that" enough? I didn't read the links, and have no idea what caused the accidents, but from some of the accidents mentioned in the papers here, some riders aren't thinking enough to avoid accidents that some of us avoid daily?

There are new riders here looking for advice, some literally, but most will benefit from hearing about a world they don't have enough experience to really understand. Hopefully it will make aware of the ease with which their lives may be dramatically affected.
I fall in this category being off a bike for 30 years..so I am constantly looking for information to tilt things in my favor..safety wise. Being its in my area I am also familiar with where the accidents occurred and can see why and how they happened.

I can also see what John was saying. I come to the forum to learn and to escape all the other negative stuff on the news constantly nowadays. Don't need even more thrown in.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:42 AM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior

Received 313 Likes on 173 Posts

I've been in two bike crashes over the last 4 years. First one..major...one month in hospital & one month home healthcare. Bike totaled. Back on another bike 5 months later. Last one this past March, broken ankle, bike totaled, back on another bike 1 month later. None of the accidents were my fault. I feel like when the good Lord is ready for me, it doesn't matter if I'm on the bike or choking on a hot dog at Sheetz. When my time comes, my time comes. My wife is not in total agreement though.
Although she's a little quieter about it since I paid off her SUV with the most recent crash medical settlement. I love to ride. Did 13.5 hours & 575 miles this Saturday in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

The following 2 users liked this post by BigDawgQC:
Rumblin (06-18-2018), Torky_SOB (06-21-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 11:03 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Man, you people will argue about anything. CHILL OUT!!

The following users liked this post:
81rat (06-20-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 11:05 AM
Redoilokie
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,709 Likes on 5,857 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Man, you people will argue about anything. CHILL OUT!!
We will not!

The following 2 users liked this post by Redoilokie:
Duracell (06-19-2018), lh4x4 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 11:58 AM
tomcatg
Cruiser

I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains myself..so I am with you..I could ride for hours and hours.

Old 06-18-2018, 12:17 PM
Studlintsean
Road Warrior
Received 897 Likes on 510 Posts

Lots of bikes out in Virginia yesterday. I rode from Bristow, VA out to Front Royal and then took 17 out to Fredricksburg before taking 17 back to Warrenton and must have seen 150 bikes. Ride safe.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:13 PM
Fat_Boy
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

My dad was headed from Williamsburg to PA last Tuesday and got hit on the bike while stopping for gas off I-83 in MD. He was at an intersection in the right lane to go straight when a stupid broad with her left turn signal on (in the left turn lane) decided to turn right instead. He had to brake and got delayed in making the crossing then got hit in the tourpack of his Limited by a 3rd party. The woman who caused it took off. He managed to keep it upright and miraculously was not injured despite $3000 damage to the bike.

Old 06-18-2018, 03:22 PM
tomcatg
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fat_Boy
My dad was headed from Williamsburg to PA last Tuesday and got hit on the bike while stopping for gas off I-83 in MD. He was at an intersection in the right lane to go straight when a stupid broad with her left turn signal on (in the left turn lane) decided to turn right instead. He had to brake and got delayed in making the crossing then got hit in the tourpack of his Limited by a 3rd party. The woman who caused it took off. He managed to keep it upright and miraculously was not injured despite $3000 damage to the bike.
Thats scary..glad he was ok! I hate driving in DC/MD area in a full size SUV..much less a bike

The following users liked this post:
Fat_Boy (06-18-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Three motorcycle fatalities in VA This Weekend!