General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love my new custom Saddlemen seat! 2016 Dyna FatBob

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 02:44 PM
FatBobDerek
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Love my new custom Saddlemen seat! 2016 Dyna FatBob

So I wanted to write a follow up to one of my threads when I was looking for a new seat. After a lot of research and whatnot I settled on Saddlemen. I looked at what I wanted in a seat and what they had then spoke with John about customizing one of their seats to give me what I was looking for. What ended up was a customized road sofa seat with backrest with added legroom (I’m 6’6”) and added heated seats for me and passenger, I also made the seat 14” wide compared to the 12.5” that is standard and increased the lumbar support to 7”. Obviously a lot of work, but if I am going to spend money on a seat I might as well make it worthwhile and cater it to me and my riding.

Today was actually first first day I got to ride it and absolutely loved it! Provided such a nice level of cushion in my ride while holding me in place but also had the right level of support. Can’t wait to ride it more.

I know a lot of people will knock it for its looks, but most of my riding is longer distances and not bar hopping, and honestly I rather not have to get into switching seat out based on local or far. I like it and to me that’s what matters (to each their own).

Anyway, Saddlemen customer service and staff were awesome. Love these people.

Let me know what you think. Good, bad, or indifferent.

The following 3 users liked this post by FatBobDerek:
pei_guy (08-16-2018), RandyL (06-29-2018), rauchman (07-05-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 09:15 PM
traffic jam
Road Warrior
Received 691 Likes on 303 Posts

I had the Saddlemen like yours on my lowrider, but it was without the backrest. It was a great seat. Saddlemen makes really nice seats.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:58 PM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Nice! Been thinking of trying a Saddleman as well. I have a Mustang Solo Touring w/ backrest, Corbin Classic Solo w/ backrest, HD Tallboy and of course, the stock seat. All get close, but none quite get to the nirvana place of comfort I'm looking for. The Mustang gets closest, but I'd love it to be an inch higher and back further. Didn't realize Saddleman can modify the geometry of the seats to the degree that you asked them to. This opens doors for me! Is the backrest adjustable on these?

Old 07-05-2018, 02:32 PM
FatBobDerek
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rauchman
Nice! Been thinking of trying a Saddleman as well. I have a Mustang Solo Touring w/ backrest, Corbin Classic Solo w/ backrest, HD Tallboy and of course, the stock seat. All get close, but none quite get to the nirvana place of comfort I'm looking for. The Mustang gets closest, but I'd love it to be an inch higher and back further. Didn't realize Saddleman can modify the geometry of the seats to the degree that you asked them to. This opens doors for me! Is the backrest adjustable on these?
yeah it’s one of the reasons I chose the Saddlemen. The backrest can move forward or recline back. If you go on their site you can see better how it works or even do a YouTube search. This is such a comfy seat, but like I said it does provide support. I know a lot of people might not like the look, I actually don’t mind if, but I’d rather be comfortable and have something look *** ugly than something that’s looks awesome but is wickedly uncomfortable.

The following users liked this post:
rauchman (07-06-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 06:59 PM
BMyers
Road Master
Received 99 Likes on 65 Posts

I have the saddlemen RS on my Superglide. Very comfortable.

Old 08-15-2018, 08:50 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by BMyers
I have the saddlemen RS on my Superglide. Very comfortable.
How did it reposition your from stock?

Old 08-15-2018, 03:57 PM
MiniWolf
Received 4,688 Likes on 2,258 Posts

Originally Posted by rauchman
How did it reposition your from stock?
The ones I tried at Sturgis at the Black Hills vendor booth tended to all sit me up about 2 inches. I did not try it on my Super Glide but on the road king. But all of the models seemed to sit me noticeably higher.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:19 PM
et998
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

That's not a bad looking seat at all. If you are going to spend the money it needs to be functional imo.

Last edited by et998; 08-15-2018 at 07:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-15-2018, 07:44 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

I had one on my Dyna. Loved it!!!! I'm fixing to sell it if anyone is intested since I traded my Dyna in June. It's made for the backrest but I'm using the backrest on my RG now. That seat gave me ALL day comfort!

Last edited by tnriverluver; 08-15-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:15 PM
charliegriefer
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBobDerek
I know a lot of people will knock it for its looks
To hell with that. Seat looks awesome. And comfortable. Congrats and enjoy.

Quick Reply: Love my new custom Saddlemen seat! 2016 Dyna FatBob