Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Dealer Service Closed on Mondays? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1242776-dealer-service-closed-on-mondays.html)

crazytown 07-09-2018 12:51 PM

Dealer Service Closed on Mondays?

Good morning all. First off, its a loooong story about why I'm going to a dealer to get a tire change, the main point being my local Independent shop really screwed it up last time. I try and wrench everything I can on the bike, but the rear tire change is getting kind of brutal for me.

So I called my local dealer last week to make an appointment for getting my rear tire changed out. The gentleman that talked with me said, "Tire changes are done as a walk-in, no appointment needed." I clarified that this was indeed true, and that they kept the tire I wanted in stock. Affirmative on everything.

I show up at the dealer this morning, and Mr. 'Staff' (that's what his name tag said) comes out with his clipboard, starts writing stuff down, asks why I'm there (tire change), then tells me I can pick it up tomorrow afternoon. What??? I tell him I thought this was a walk-in service issue, He says, "Not today it isn't. The Service Department is closed on Mondays." After a brief discussion, he tells me it's been that way for 20 years.

So off I go.

Now granted, I'm not the smartest tool in the shed, but is this something common at dealers? It just seems bizarre to me.

I think I'll start looking for another independent shop THAT I CAN TRUST in the Salt Lake City area. Anyone have any recommendations?

nobodyknowsme 07-09-2018 12:54 PM

I have seen many closed on Monday.

Redoilokie 07-09-2018 12:56 PM

Sunday and Monday are common here. Not so much in KC.

chuckw2 07-09-2018 01:00 PM

Victorville Harley here is closed on Mondays. This used to be normal for most back in the day....I mean when else do the employee's get to ride?

Redoilokie 07-09-2018 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by chuckw2 (Post 17498575)
Victorville Harley here is closed on Mondays. This used to be normal for most back in the day....I mean when else do the employee's get to ride?

When did what employees do in their off time become an employer's priority? Hell, if it was't for blue laws, every dealership I've worked at would have been open 7 days a week.

crazytown 07-09-2018 01:03 PM

Sounds like it is actually a common thing then. Well, it's what it is I guess.

Rick58 07-09-2018 01:11 PM

My Indy is closed Sunday and Monday.

chuckw2 07-09-2018 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Redoilokie (Post 17498578)
When did what employees do in their off time become an employer's priority? Hell, if it was't for blue laws, every dealership I've worked at would have been open 7 days a week.

LOL pretty sure that wasn't the reason they closed on Mondays back then.

shodown220 07-09-2018 01:17 PM

Yeah i'm used to dealers being closed 1 or 2 days a week, usually sunday and monday. It was this way when i rode sport bikes too both the honda and yamaha dealers were closed sunday/monday. And most of those the whole dealer was closed not just service. I think my local dealer is service closed sunday/monday and entire dealer closed monday

dyna rider 07-09-2018 01:18 PM

Blue Laws

Dealers in my area are open 7 days a week. Usually the service department closes on Saturday afternoon and reopens on Monday morning. You can buy parts and a bike anytime but service is another matter.