General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with 2 bikes, do you think about selling one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 03:05 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

DO NOT SELL....We have more than 2 and zero regrets. I trade off every three days or so. When I had one bike and rode it every day it started to become a bit invisible to me after a few years. Then I had two and felt I was supposed to prefer one and sell the other... well I got over that eventually....Now, every time I switch rides I see the bike with fresh eyes and appreciate it's unique qualities. I love my '18 Heritage, but my TC Dyna and Evo FXR still have things I'd miss if I only had the M8. There's a certain rawness to your springer that the M8 will never scratch. Get a better seat for the springer and start riding it more often.Then when you get back on your Heritage you'll be impressed all over again....then when you switch to the springer you'll love the sound and simpler feel...then back to the Heritage....it never gets old this way.

Add in our "other bikes" and the fun never stops in my garage...

The following users liked this post:
Tony P (07-23-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 07:07 AM
lonesum
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 325 Likes on 217 Posts

no, no, no and no my old ones have permanent (antique) tags and the not so new one is on the road 3 or 4 days a week.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:32 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts

No, I don't.
Especially since I have an M8 as well.
I'll keep my Rushmore so I'll have one to ride while the M8 is in the shop...........

Old 07-22-2018, 08:18 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,955 Likes on 2,351 Posts

I have 3 bikes, and my wife has two. We each have an M8 bike and the other three are twin cams. Neither of us have considered going down to one bike. I'm actually looking at adding another bike, an older one.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:07 PM
Kingface
Road Master
Received 178 Likes on 131 Posts

I always wonder if I should sell my FatBoy and decided to put it on the market. It was my first Harley. I bought the Road King so I could ride 2-up with my girlfriend comfortably and take longer trips on so figured I would have no use for my FatBoy. I LOVE my Road King and everything about it......but I found myself doing everything in my power to have it fit me like my FatBoy. I said to myself "Why would I sell a bike that I love and fits me perfect, why not enjoy both??". So I took the Fatty off the market...... I simply love that older Fatty too much and enjoy the fact that it's carbonated and sounds and feels like a Harley was meant to feel like.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:59 PM
Squidbilly*
Road Captain
Received 162 Likes on 118 Posts

Yrs ago in my mind set I was lucky to have 1,
Now with add the 16 ultra I don't know what to think,

As it stands now,
Shovel is my running around town&ride to work machine that is like an ol buddy,
Ultra is my wife's chariot,--Think I said that right,

Guess that's a no,

Old 07-23-2018, 12:12 AM
Oakers3
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 907 Posts

No have more than two and still looking for more!!

Old 07-23-2018, 06:26 AM
tcatnat
Road Master
Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

Only to buy another bike but then again there are others I'd like to just add to the pack. Ironically, the wife commented to me a few weeks ago that I should sell both bikes and get a nice tourer so we can ride more often. The FXDC is not the most comfortable 2-up. Needless to say when we are out and about now we both eye Street Glides, Road Glides and Road Kings to name a few discussing the next purchase. For me, I would probably try and add and customize my FXDC more. If anything I would dump the Multistrada.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:11 AM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts

I sold my second bike about a month ago. It lasted about a week and a half. Went out and bought another bike. Couldn't take it.
Jonnierock

Old 07-23-2018, 09:59 AM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,591 Likes on 9,809 Posts

I still like getting on my Sportster and romping on it. I dont ride my Dyna the same way as the Sportster, I feel like the Sportster is easier to "throw around" through corners etc.

Quick Reply: Those with 2 bikes, do you think about selling one?