General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They really are trying to kill us

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 08:59 AM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
so you'd be in favor of gun mfg being sued if someone shoots and kills someone? or suing the car mfg if someone runs into someone on the highway driving faster than the speed limit? where does it stop? if you do it for one, then it must apply to all. whatever happened to personal responsibility?
I thought the same thing...

Old 07-19-2018, 09:05 AM
Roadrage1996
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by army_eod
you might hit your horn or use your pipes. I carry a Glock.
I take things like that (texting) as a PERSONAL THREAT TO MY LIFE. I see it the same as if they were pointing a firearm at me. It IS THE SAME. I treat people who do that stupid stuff as I treat somebody in a combat zone who points a weapon at me. It pisses me off. I wish the cops would actually ENFORCE the laws and nail those people to the wall. Why are they not doing it?
Ahhhhhh...ok!! Let us know how that works out for you.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:16 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
so you'd be in favor of gun mfg being sued if someone shoots and kills someone? or suing the car mfg if someone runs into someone on the highway driving faster than the speed limit? where does it stop? if you do it for one, then it must apply to all. whatever happened to personal responsibility?
If you're seen brandishing a pistol you'll be arrested. We have a law against texting in Wisconsin. It's only made things much worse. People look down to avoid being seen texting, but the law is only enforced after a bad accident. I've complained to LEOs that texting isn't ticketed, and they say it's hard to prove unless you subpoena telephone company records, so it's another toothless law, that sounded good when the politicians voted for it.

I'm in favor of me being able to beat the crap out of texters, but assault and battery laws are unfortunately enforced vigorously.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:37 AM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 291 Posts

It is academic until you get killed or injured due to the negligence of the texting driver and lack of law enforcement.
No, I wont shoot the perp unless I am driving in Iraq.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:51 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

The Va state police are holding a motorcycle school this weekend to teach us as riders how to avoid being a casualty in an accident.
I can't help but wonder why they aren't holding a drivers school this weekend to teach drivers how to learn to drive on the same road with us?
To my knowledge there have been more motorcycle accidents this year at this point than previously.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:17 AM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Softy
I can't help but wonder why they aren't holding a drivers school this weekend to teach drivers how to learn to drive on the same road with us?
At the end of the seminar, be sure to ask this question.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:35 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,166 Likes on 5,602 Posts

Originally Posted by NDRK
Slow down and pay attention. They will cause more damage to you then you to them.
Yeah sure. Come here and jump in traffic with these maniacs then "slow down". They'll cruise about a foot behind you and if you dont watch they'll run you over. I was paying attention. Had I not been I wouldnt be here typing this.
Originally Posted by army_eod
you might hit your horn or use your pipes. I carry a Glock.
I take things like that (texting) as a PERSONAL THREAT TO MY LIFE. I see it the same as if they were pointing a firearm at me. It IS THE SAME. I treat people who do that stupid stuff as I treat somebody in a combat zone who points a weapon at me. It pisses me off. I wish the cops would actually ENFORCE the laws and nail those people to the wall. Why are they not doing it?
I CCW too but unlike you I would never escalate something like this to a shooting. Sounds like a good way to go to jail or get yourself killed in the process. If the guy jumped on me afterwards and I felt threatened, maybe then. You need to rethink how you react. Hot heads have no business carrying a gun.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:43 AM
71on72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,283 Likes on 8,529 Posts

That’s why I only ride in California. California drivers are motorcycle friendly. We are the best riders and drivers in the world. We have to be or we wouldn’t last 5 miles.

PS. Hope you enjoy my post Red.

The following users liked this post:
fsae0607 (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 10:49 AM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

I see it everyday coming home from work. How these idiots survived before cell phones is beyond me, or, maybe it's just I'm not popular and don't have anybody to text or talk to 24/7.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:50 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51

At the end of the seminar, be sure to ask this question.
Due to prior commitments I won't be attending the school.

Quick Reply: They really are trying to kill us